What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Words With Friends on both iPad and iPhone keeps crashing

Bnbmom98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having the same issues on both my iPhone and ipad2. Extremely frustrating! I'll try again tomorrow!

Sophieljmorris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same issues here and no response for me either. This is not a fix, but might enable you to keep playing until it is fixed.... You can access your account via Facebook on your desktop.

I've just done that as I was worried about my games timing out and being automatically ended if the problem persists.

I hope that might enable some of you to keep playing, albeit not on your mobile devices.

Sophie

jangeden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In some strange way it made me feel better that others were experiencing the same issues. My app on my iPhone also crashed yesterday but today both the iPad and iPhone apps are working. All the time during this my husband merrily played the app on his iPod touch without an issue. Strange...

Smiles7x

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having same issue on iPad and iPhone as all of you. However I logged in with a different email address, created a new user and it worked. So it appears to be an issue with my email address that is attached to my usual user ID. Submitted a report on the issue but haven't heard back yet. Issue started on 1/7/12 in the evening. Worked during the day. Hope it gets fixed soon.

dswilson3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem on my iPhone4 & iPad2 too... My boyfriend is experiencing the same issue on his iPhone, but his iPad2 is working fine! I've uninstalled & reinstalled on both but still getting the"updating..." message & then it crashes. Very frustrating!! I have reported it to the developer yesterday, but still no response.

Psheffern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same goes for us. We deleted the free, tried downloading the paid to see, and still the same. Still works on my wife's phone though and it's not an iphone

soxman27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too am having this "Updating... This may take a few minutes" issue which boots me back to the iphone icons screen I have tried deleting the app, rebooting my iphone and reloading the app and it still does nto work. Has anyone found a ligitimate solution?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I play word also and am having the same troubles. I close the Words app completely when it won't load, from the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it. It's the only step we have until the Developer fixes the problem.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

smz5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't even figure out how to login with FB, because it says to click on the FB icon on my mobile device, which I can't get to, because it crashes before opening. So I can't get into my existing games. I really didn't want to do FB either but had decided to try. :-(

pbiflyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is crashing as well. I first started experiencing issues after the latest upgrade to WWF. Then major issues once I installed Scramble with Friends. Wonder if that has anything to do with it?

ShirleyBarr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the exact same issues on my iPhone and reported it over the weekend. I can't use my email address that is connected to FaceBook, but I did use another email address and start all new games and that seems to be working right now. But the minute I try to use my FaceBook email, it says it's updating and crashes. I cleaned cache and uninstalled it on iPhone and also on FaceBook and reloaded and it still does the same thing. I installed the free version and I have the same problem, much like everyone else here. But for some reason, I don't know why I can use another e-mail address and it works. But I want to be connected to FaceBook and hope they come up with a fix.

I did hear back from support this morning and am encouraged that they are working on the problem. Hope it's soon! :)

ShirleyBarr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And one other odd thing is happening, if anyone else is having this problem, I'd like to know. Since I opened up this Words with another email account, I am seeing notifications that it's my turn against people I don't know. I go to look and it's not in my Words. Maybe it's going to my one that's linked to Facebook that is no longer on my phone or Facebook. This is so very confusing!!

Gmiles1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Starting today, 12/16/12, i am now experiencing Words With Friends paid version app crashing the whole ipad 2. I deleted and reinstalled it. It worked fine for about 5 minutes...then it crashes, or lets me play one word, than on the next word, it keeps saying it is sending move which never completes. If i shut down the app and restart it, the word is sent then i go through the whole problem again. We are also experiencing problems with facebook on safari, dolphin, chrome and mercury browsers not being able to like, comment or share starting on 12/11/12. It seems like Facebook, Zynga and Apple are all having problems and not releasing the correct updates for their apps, browsers or games. Really starting to suck. Drug out my laptop :(

Most reactions