What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Odd Behavior After Playing Words With Friends

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi -

Once again, it's time to pick the collective brain of you great folk here at iPadForums (particularly the Hacking section).

Please, take a gander at this picture:

WWFpic.jpg

See how SBSettings says there are processes running, specifically Videos and iPod? Then, see how, in the multitasking bar, those two apps don't show up as running?

What could be the cause of this? It only happens (that Videos and iPod are running) after I've played Words With Friends (WWF). Well, that I've noticed so far. But, the WWF app appears to be showing fine properly - it's both in the Processes section and in the multi-tasking area. It's just/only those two apps.

And - running RemoveBackground does not remove them! I have to open XSysInfo and run the deep clean to shut down those two apps. I can also "delete" them via Processes (in SBSettings) - but that tends to make my iPad respring, so I don't do that too often. :eek:

It's not really a big deal. It's just really annoying, because iPod and Videos do take up RAM that I have to clean up ('cause I'm obsessive like that...). Oh, and I've never called these apps up before or after playing WWF. And, I've uninstalled and reinstalled WWF (a couple of times).

Any ideas what might be going on? Anyone else see this? What weird thing is going on with my system? Want to read another question? :)

TIA.

Marilyn

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What shows up in the multitasking bar is decided by apple. I imagine they wouldn't want you to know that opening WWF runs iPod and videos in the background. I have a theory though:

Can you play music from your library in the WWF app? If yes, then maybe the app automatically brings up the iPod to have the library ready. And since the iPod and videos app are really just one app with two icons, maybe it shows videos too.

beavery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't use WWF anymore, however even when I close everything off, kill all processes my iPod, videos and FaceTime are all in the processes part of sbs.they are even there when I respiring, and power off.
Doesn't help you with the why though.

EDIT: just managed to get rid of those three by turning off FaceTime in settings. However now I'm just getting the mail app ( which I didn't have before)

Last edited:

Most reactions