What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

word processor compatible with dropbox / pc and which shows page breaks?

rosiea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! The title says it all! I'm looking for an app that will allow me to easily use dropbox to easily work on files both on my ipad and my pc. As a student, i also want to know how many pages my document is. I have been using evernote or just the notes app, but that won't give me page breaks. I don't need a lot of functions other than double space, font sizes and ease of access. I'm visually impaired so i do all my editting / formatting on the bigger screen of my pc. I just like to whole up in a coffee shop or library and try to get a rough draft banged out as quickly as possible.

Any help would be appriciated

Rosie

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Rosie - welcome to the forum! :)

The word processing app on my iPad2 is Pages - which does not seem to allow saving a document directly to Dropbox; the 'work around' is to email the file to yourself, check the email on your iPad, press & hold the file until a menu appears which will include 'saving' to Dropbox (of course, that app must be on your device) - see the screenshot attached; also, some Discussion HERE.

Now there are certainly other office apps which might integrate w/ Dropbox more easily - I've not used any other than Pages, so hopefully others will 'chime in' w/ their solution(s) - good luck!

Attachments

• DropboxOptionEmail.jpg
    DropboxOptionEmail.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 459

fuzzychicken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just curious if QuickOffice wouldn't solve your problem. I got that app pre-installed on my Android phone. They have iOS version too. Not too sure if they lite version as in Android to give a try though.

Most reactions

Latest posts