What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Word on ipad2

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And that is not free either.

Pages is an excellent word processor (probably the best in iPad) but lack of cloud support renders it almost useless.

If your documents live their whole lives within iPad then Pages is fine, but if any interoperability is required, Pages (& Numbers & Keynote) sucks.

But you can upload/download documents to the MobileMe iDisk and access those documents from there - either on your PC or iPad in another application. And, of course, you can email them to other users, your PC etc.

Tim

SouthernDad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've used Pages for over a year. I find that it works great for editing Word documents. When Pages and Numbers were first available for the iPad, I was hesitant. They are after all $10 apps but the truth is, now I don't know how I got along without them. I tried a couple less expensive apps but I got what I paid for.

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But you can upload/download documents to the MobileMe iDisk and access those documents from there - either on your PC or iPad in another application. And, of course, you can email them to other users, your PC etc.

Yes but it still no match with Dropbox sync where I can open same document in PC and then again on iPad without going through rigmarole of uploading/downloading/emailing multiple versions of same document.

I use Office 2 HD even though it is overall inferior product compared to iWork suite, it is more usable due to its cloud sync feature.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yip, the lack of good cloud support is about the only thing putting me off the iWords suite to be honest. Would love to see Dropbox and GoogleDocs support.

Most reactions