What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Flash Drive

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the device, its a nice concept too, however I think I will save about $97 and just use my AirVideo app as I do on my existing iPhone on the new iPad as that is all this item is allowing at the moment anyway.
Streaming and consuming media, but at a cost and a carry device for $100.

With the AirVideo app it is only $2.99 and no hardware to charge and carry, except for your iPad or iPhone and a small app running on your desktop as a server.

File storage can already be done with QuickOffice, AirShare and other apps from the App Store.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyone got theirs yet?

It would be interesting to get a review.

I've had one for about a month. It works as advertised. I like that it charges via the USB port on my laptop or desktop at work, so no batteries. It seems to last a while on a charge, and wifi performance is as good as my home router. My sole gripe is the clunky file browsing interface - once you select a file, you have to start over your browsing rather than returning to the folder you were using.

Oh, and I dunno why but Windows doesn't like it via wifi - I can only work with files when it's plugged in.

windycitycouple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You watch the content on the Airstash via Safari. It will work fine with the IPad.

hi guys,

this looks awesome so stupid question can i take a movie from itunes drag on to my memory card hook this up to wifi and watch it anywhere i ma on my ipad can i put documents and stuff like that on it to ?

This is not a stupid question at all, this device wont work with iPad until Apple allow remote access storage, let me make it clear (my poor Singlish :D)

you can connect you're Iphone to Mobile me, DropBox but you can't access to you're time capsule ,i think this is a security matter ...

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still think a Bluetooth memory card adapter woulD be much better, less money and you wouldn't be limited to storage as you can just stock up on memory cards..

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still think a Bluetooth memory card adapter woulD be much better, less money and you wouldn't be limited to storage as you can just stock up on memory cards..

That IS what the Airstash does. Look at it closely, there is an SD card at the end. Albeit it's wifi rather than Bluetooth...

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, if it's got a slot for mc then that's great, I didn't see it..

Also, it's better that it uses wifi rather then Bluetooth as bluetooth consumes more battery I think.. However, if there is no wifi, then no transfer..

With Bluetooth you don't need wifi connection...

windycitycouple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thats pretty much all it does is let your SD card go wireless.

Problem is it still looks like Vapor-Hardware....

Well, if it's got a slot for mc then that's great, I didn't see it..

Also, it's better that it uses wifi rather then Bluetooth as bluetooth consumes more battery I think.. However, if there is no wifi, then no transfer..

With Bluetooth you don't need wifi connection...

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thats pretty much all it does is let your SD card go wireless.

Problem is it still looks like Vapor-Hardware....

Yeah, well, the one in my briefcase looks real enough. Also, Fry's in Downer's Grove had something similar on the shelf last time I was there if you're having trouble getting this exact product.

Most reactions

Latest posts