What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windows Calendar and iPad2 Calendar, there has to be a way?

DennisW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. New iPad2 owner, Windows PC user:

Syncing my contacts between Win Vista and the iPad has worked perfectly using iTunes, which finds the contacts files.    But iTunes tells me there is no supported calendar file, which is Windows Calendar on my PC.

The little bit of browsing I've done so far doesn't help much, I haven't found anything specifically relating to this other than people talking about Google calendar, which for many reasons including the fact that you have to pay for the app along with my NOT being comfortable putting my agenda on a cloud system, just isn't acceptable to me.

So, how can this be done?

What amazes me is that Windows Calendar saves the data file as an .ics file, which if I remember correctly, Mac OS-X can import, but iTunes can't talk to Win Calendar?

Help and suggestions, please.

Thanks!!

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You don't need to pay anything to use google calendar with the ipad, just setup your gmail account as an exchange account on your ipad, then the ipad calendar app will sync with your gmail calendar.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. New iPad2 owner, Windows PC user:

Syncing my contacts between Win Vista and the iPad has worked perfectly using iTunes, which finds the contacts files.    But iTunes tells me there is no supported calendar file, which is Windows Calendar on my PC.

The little bit of browsing I've done so far doesn't help much, I haven't found anything specifically relating to this other than people talking about Google calendar, which for many reasons including the fact that you have to pay for the app along with my NOT being comfortable putting my agenda on a cloud system, just isn't acceptable to me.

So, how can this be done?

What amazes me is that Windows Calendar saves the data file as an .ics file, which if I remember correctly, Mac OS-X can import, but iTunes can't talk to Win Calendar?

Help and suggestions, please.

Thanks!!

I synchronize my Outlook calendar via Google as the previous post suggests. The link is free, as he/she notes. I only added to this thread to note that if you were able to sync through iTunes you would be putting your agenda on a cloud system. How do you think the link would be provided? And yes, iTunes has been hacked on numerous occasions.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I synchronize my Outlook calendar via Google as the previous post suggests. The link is free, as he/she notes. I only added to this thread to note that if you were able to sync through iTunes you would be putting your agenda on a cloud system. How do you think the link would be provided? And yes, iTunes has been hacked on numerous occasions.

No, the local syncing done in iTunes via the Info settings does not go out on the cloud. Then again it only updates when you do a sync.

@OP, if iTunes does not recognize Win Calendar (not familiar with the program), then there isn't much you can do for a local sync. You're stuck with syncing both your computer and the iPad through some intermediary like Google, which as the other's have pointed out is free. No app purchase necessary.

I can't do anything for your discomfort at keeping things in the cloud. This is where things are going, and the options that avoid it are going to keep on getting more limited.

Most reactions

Latest posts