What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will you upgrade to the iPad2?

Will you buy the next generation iPad?

• Yes, I can hardly wait!

Votes: 30 29.7%
  • No, the current version is all I need.

Votes: 71 70.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very doubtful, it's going to take a huge difference in iPad 2 to sway me away from Android 3.0 tablets.

Current iPad will be going to my wife since all she really wants is an easy way to email and look at Facebook.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would certainly upgrade if I listened to the unreasonable voice in that wood block that serves as my thought processor but money is scarce and will remain so for a while.

I'm still waiting for that MacTablet and that would warrant total priority though!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Naw. I just got this, essentially and it's working out great for me. I don't see any of the [rumoured] new features being at all attractive to me. I'll just wait to see what iPad 3 comes out. Or, until this iPad1 starts getting left behind - as in, not getting iOS updates.

For now, considering the investment I have in it, I'm quite pleased and satisfied with this version.

Marilyn

estudioG design

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
estudiogdesign.com
No I don't see the significance yet, I had mine since last April. But 2 cameras don't catch my attention. Besides the new processor I don't think the new iPad will have a retina display.
I am hoping for iOS 4.3 multi task gestures though!

Lavenderlady*w*iPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, I have to buy a new computer and the iPad has completely sold me on converting from pc to mac, so that is where my $$$ are going this year. Maybe by gen 3 I can justify a new iPad. I'm loving what I have now, don't have a need for anything more at this point in time.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lavenderlady take a look at a macmini.
Tiny footprint and virtually silent. Very discrete.

Of course those new MBAs look sweet as well.
Just make a little list in your head, or on the iPad, of what you want to do on a new machine before you make a decision.

shandy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got mine, thought about hanging on but realized the display is more than good enough for me, don't have any use for a camera and 64G is plenty enough memory!

Luckily for me I do not suffer from the modern malaise of having to have the latest and greatest of everything as soon as it comes out.

In fact I am usually the one who gets stuff a year after release so I know I am getting something stable and reliable. Don't like being an un-payed test developer!

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The upgrade will be a minimum one, as even though all these new tablets are coming to the surface, apple still have the advantage, and they will probably get away with just refreshing the iPad a little bit, without decreasing profits but still maintaining that useful advantage

There will be:
cameras, weak ones but useful for FaceTime.
May be a bump in resolution but reports indicate there will be no real change until iPad 3 in 2012
More ram
Sd card slot...possible

That's it, people seem to be asking for far too much in one upgrade.

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't wait to hear about it. Most def gonna by it! If it is not significantly better than the original, the iPad 2 will be in the hands of my sisters and parents at home. And I will keep the original with me. Unless of course it has a sexy new retna type display! But I am MOST DEF getting the motorola Xoom! WOOO ANDROID!

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I really need the [hopefully planned] increased memory. I already have RAW format photos in the 22-30 MB range and piRAWnha seems to be memory limited to somewhere under 20 MB. I know 15 MB works but my 21+ MB ones crash the program. I am sure there will be other enhancements and I can move my Photography oriented apps to the iPad2 and let my wife and grandchildren use the iPad1. I hope they hurry.

rsmin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, just bought my Ipad will have to wait a few years.

Rusty :)

Nexo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,

have not received mine yet (it'll be here on wednesday) but judging by this, im glad i am not waiting. so i will be happy with it for now.

Most reactions

Latest posts