What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will you be getting an iPhone 6 and or an iWatch?

Will you be getting an iPhone 6 or an iWatch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

iJeffrey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am sure you have been reading the same hype/rumors regarding Apple's up and coming iWatch and iPhone 6 launch.
Apple has forecasted iWatch sales of 50 mil and iPhone 6 at 100+. It looks like the iWatch will hit in the September time frame and the iPhone at the same time or right behind it.

With this in mind, we are in the planning stage and would like your input. The poll will stay open for 60 days.

Please answer both questions. Thanks for your participation.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've got an iPhone 5 now and while I love what it does, I've never been enamoured with the look of it, maybe as I chose black this time....so yes, I will be getting the 6 and am excited with the coming of OS8 also! :p

I have oodles of watches and I don't wear them, I can't wear them for long, as I'm allergic to metal....so no, this isn't for me. :(

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I am sure you have been reading the same hype/rumors regarding Apple's up and coming iWatch and iPhone 6 launch.
Apple has forecasted iWatch sales of 50 mil and iPhone 6 at 100+. It looks like the iWatch will hit in the September time frame and the iPhone at the same time or right behind it.

With this in mind, we are in the planning stage and would like your input. The poll will stay open for 60 days.

Please answer both questions. Thanks for your participation.

Apple forecasted nothing. Some lame analysts depending on questionable leaks from the supply chain took some wild guesses.

Apple does not comment on forthcoming products until it is ready to ship, or at least reveal what the product actually is.

Personally, I'll probably get the next generation of iPhone. My two year contract will be up about then and I'll be in the mood to refresh. I have no idea what that phone will be like, but I don't expect Apple to mess up so badly that I'd be tempted to jump ship for some other manufacturer.

As for the supposed iWatch, I'll consider buying one when I know what an iWatch is.

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can just see my iPhone. Unless a watch took up half my arm it would be hard to read. My phone is a four S so I might think about getting a new one but what I really want is a new iPad.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I'm up for the new iphone and I'm really tempted with the rumours it's a 5.5in one!! Wow, almost a mini ipad. But like you Bobbi, the eyesight is not good. I have to wear my glasses most of the time now. Grrr! The I watch however looks interesting. I hate watches as they always don't work with me and I am also allergic to metal but Leelai, I put sticky tape or anything like that to cover the metal bit. I have the iphone 5 but the touch sensor really looks good especially the bit about paying without having to remember all those god damn passwords. I have 1password just to keep me updated. Yugh!

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As for the iWatch, not interested at all. Personally, I think it's a bit redundant. I just picked up my 5s in January so I won't be getting the 6 even after it's released but I'll grab it once I'm eligible for an upgrade.

I'm with an earlier poster on wanting a new iPad!

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll be a proud owner of the iPhone 6 and the iWatch when they come out. I can't wait to see what health & fitness apps become available for the iWatch.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The I watch however looks interesting. I hate watches as they always don't work with me and I am also allergic to metal but Leelai, I put sticky tape or anything like that to cover the metal bit.

Hi Hayley.....lol.....I already do that also, I even have to put bandage tape on things like metal buttons on my jeans. ;)

Elux72

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My 4S contract doesn't end until January 2016, so unless I happen to have spare cash lying around, or, for whatever reason, Apple decides to stop supporting the 4S in that time frame, no. It's tempting to get the latest gear, though.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Susan & I have 'dumb' phones at the moment, Samsungs on Jitterbug-Great Call - inexpensive. But we are planning to replace her phone w/ Apple's iPhone (she has been on an iPad Mini for well over a year and knows iOS 7 fairly well, so should be an easy transition).

My only question is whether the smaller screen of the 5S will make her happy vs. the proposed larger display of the iPhone 6? We will likely use Verison (plenty of local stores & good coverage for us in the mid-Atlantic area) - SO, I suggested that she visit a Verison store and try out the iPhone 5S and also another brand w/ a bigger screen just to see if she might want to wait for the iPhone 6 - we are in no hurry. Dave :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPhone 6 will be out in less than three months. If possible, I'd recommend waiting until it's released before making a final decision. That way you'll have the chance to try out both phones in the store and choose the one that's right for you.

Planet iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The new iPhone 6 is the most anticipated smartrphone in recent history. Sign me up for a gold 5.5" and matching iWatch :D

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPhone 6 will be out in less than three months. If possible, I'd recommend waiting until it's released before making a final decision. That way you'll have the chance to try out both phones in the store and choose the one that's right for you.

YEP - as I suspected & from your comments - we went to Best Buy yesterday (I wanted to recycle a Boston Acoustics soundbar that just stopped working 'out of warranty' :(), so we browsed and had her look @ the phones.

Well, she typed on the current iPhone (5s) and was unhappy w/ the small keyboard (and the only reason for her to switch is to 'add' email & surfing); then we looked @ some larger displays and she was happy w/ those @ 5" or more - SO, we will wait until the fall and get her a larger iPhone. Dave :)

Planet iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, she typed on the current iPhone (5s) and was unhappy w/ the small keyboard (and the only reason for her to switch is to 'add' email & surfing); then we looked @ some larger displays and she was happy w/ those @ 5" or more - SO, we will wait until the fall and get her a larger iPhone.
I think you will be really happy with the larger iPhone when it comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts