What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will there be another iPad?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think that it will be called 4th generation like the iPods.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

L

Lunar

With the 3rd generation being called "The New iPad", does anybody think there actually will be another iPad. Can you imagine, the "iPad 4" and "The New iPad". It would just make no sense at all!

There will have to be another model likely next year, if only to make 4G work in other countries, may even be the model after that.

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
taddle said:
With the 3rd generation being called "The New iPad", does anybody think there actually will be another iPad. Can you imagine, the "iPad 4" and "The New iPad". It would just make no sense at all!

perhaps supporting support 3D?

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think there will be a 4 but it may not be next year. The could just as easily release new models of the 3 for abroad 4G and a 128gb models.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple does not give distinctions between generations too often. The iPhone is unique in that. And the main reason was that the second iPhone offerred 3G, so they called it the iPhone 3G to emphasize that. The next iPad will be associated with its features and not any numbers or other gimmick name.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Its not called the 'new ipad', its called the new 'ipad'. They dropped the numbering system in favour of just the brand. The next ipad will also just be called the ipad. Its the same as the iMac. The tech blogs and consumers might refer to the IMac 2011 or Imac 2010 etc to differentiate them but Apple just calls it the iMac.

Its sensible in my view as once you get quite deep in to a products cycle calling it something like the ipad 9 or ipad 13 is just getting ridiculous. They won't drop the ipad name as it well established in the tablet market almost to the point that people don't talk about tablets but ipads. Like Hoovers instead of vacuum cleaners.

Its what will happen to the iphone as well.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Can you imagine a new MacBook or a even a new Mustang? It would make no sense at all! .... oh wait...

EvilMonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think there will be. Apple will realize they've made enough money and stop making new ones. You heard it here first, folks.'

Also, pretty sure Windows 8 will be the last version of Windows ever.

Krooked

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thankfully I'm not all that invested in Apple products, so I get to call mine an "IPad 3". Some might scoff and call it a "New IPad" or ("the new "IPad""), or the "third generation IPad", or the "IPad, 2012".

I'll stick with "IPad 3" and let everyone else duke it out.

Most reactions