What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will the iPad sell out the first day?

Will the iPad sell out the first day?

• Yes!

Votes: 46 59.7%
  • No!

Votes: 31 40.3%

• Total voters

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Who thinks the iPad will sell out the first day?

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doubtful. Even with all the hype surrounding the first release of the iPhone, there were plenty available. I think Apple will make sure there are enough to go round.

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think they will sell fast, but not sell out the first day. I wouldn't be surprised if they are hard to come by a week or two after release though.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It depends on how many units are available at the launch. The definative number hasn't been published anywhere yet. I don't rememer there being a shortage of iPhones at launch, but then again I never bought one. Stuck with sprint since Y2K:D

iBean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me too. Our phone plan is so cheap, we are on our 2nd 2 year contract. Now they have frozen our account add ons, I guess in hopes that we will give up the great plan in exchange for more services. NOT!!! We are just shopping around & getting others services at the best price. Did you know that you can get an Unlimited Data Only plan through T-Mobile for less than $40 a month, and they will sell you the new Black Berry for around $150! Even though we are "on the Edge" of service, hubby can use it at school, and surfs the web during commercials when watching TV at night. Can't wait to get my iPad!!! Was at a meeting this morning with a church group that is affiliating with the Food Bank in San Antonio. We will be required to place all our orders from them on the net. As we don't even have a computer yet, maybe I'll use my iPad for that! Once we get the laptop, then we will have to figure out internet connection as the priest will not let us tap into the office one. It's not wireless anyway. I guess we could go to the local public library and hook in to the net there.:confused:

rudeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good chance the iPad will sell out first day. There are only so many units. The demand just might be greater. Remember only Apple will be selling the iPad for now. Why? Maybe because they can't make them fast enough. Will just have to wait and see.

Jaseph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I voted no. But that doesn't mean some stores might sell out. Selling out is not a good thing. That being said, I believe that Apple may have trouble meeting demand, especially of the G3 models. I'm guessing the 32 3G is going to be the most popular. People compromise and don't get the 64 and that justifies the purchase of the G3. Then they can tell themselves they didn't go overboard and get the very top of the line model :D

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
looks like they are going to...I knew I should have gotten 2...one to keep and one to sell on ebay....second guessed myself....damn...

iDaryl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I voted 'Yes'...

I think they will... Why would they push back the ship dates for preorders to 04/12? I think it's because the Apple Stores (and Best Buys) are reporting that they are all 'reserved-out' and they need some for the 'walk-ins' and the shelves...

That's just my opinion though...

jizmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doubtful, I bought mine at my local apple store at about 3:30 and they had a LOT of them available in all flavors.
The store was packed, but judging by the way the sales people acted, I think they were expecting that they would have sold much more

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think the Ipad will sell as well as the Iphone because most people who have iphones and Ipod touches think it would be a waste of money because it is simillar
I disagree. My declining eyes forbid me the use of an iPod touch for extended periods and I hate cell phones. But I do surf and read a lot. So the iPad is just the ticket fer me and I know a lot of people in my situation.

Most reactions

Latest posts