What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will the iPad 2 Section Die Once Everyone Gets Their Hands on "The New iPad"

princessbing1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bill, I read a few articles that said once you see the resolution on the "new" iPad you won't go back to the iPad 1 or 2. I had the original iPad and I thought the resolution was good. I heard the same thing about the 2. But you are right, all three are beautiful in their own way.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yay!!! Glad to have you!!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

And I'm quite glad to be here! And a good point was raised that many 3 upgraders will likely sell their 2's leading to new 2 owners. But I do also speculate many will hold on their 2's. And I do like Sheerluck Holmers point that eventually it will be the iPad 1, 2,3, 4, 5, 6, forum. Eventually it'll best be one forum for iPad with sub forums for each generation, but the general section serving everyone as there is more universality than anything else, and most of us post accordingly. Apps discussions are universal to all too.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but is there really such a thing as an iPad3? I was under the impression that they were now just going to be called "iPad." I could be wrong.

And I think the resolution comment is absolutely true. So I just won't look at one. ;)

OP
tlbaker

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hookbill said:
IMHO an iPad is an iPad. Some just have different features, that's all. I had the original iPad, upgraded to the iPad2 and while having more memory and better resolution would be nice, I think I'll pass on the 3. So I'll be around in all the 3 threads.

No iPad2 thread will be around for quite some time.

Wonderful, glad to hear it!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

OP
tlbaker

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
princessbing1968 said:
I guess we are not part of the "sheep" as people are calling everyone who are waiting in lines for the new iPad or buying the "new" iPad. :) It is not important to me to have the latest technology, especially when Apple will be coming out with another iPad in the near future.

Yup!!! I am grateful to have my 2!!! Even if I were purchasing a 3 I would have ordered it online.

OP
tlbaker

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
rey_1178 said:
i just sold my ipad1 64gb and bought an ipad2 16gb. so you will have one more guy around here :p

YAY!!!!

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 Tethered to iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts