What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Apple stop producing and selling the ipad2 this year?

nharry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the new iPad now released I am interested to know how much longer they will be producing and selling the iPad 2? Will it be this year?

Is there any indication that production of the iPad 2 has stopped? How much longer will the device be sold in the stores?

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only Apple can say for sure but I would say they will be producing the iPad 2 till at least the end of the year and most likely even longer. It seems like they are following the pattern of the iphone 4 and 4s. They continue to make the iPhone 4 as a lower cost device and I think the iPad 2 will continue as well. As it stands now the iPad 2 is still one of the most capable tablets on the market. Also, with lots of android tablets hitting the market at lower costs it will be a huge selling point to also have an iPad in a similar cost category.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hope they do! If they stop selling and making them then the next thing to follow would be to pull back support for them which I'd be upset about. It's a darned good device. I know the latest and greatest is cool but there isn't anything wrong with the second version! :D

cellur111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm to sure there going to stop making them but they might still make them and sell the, at lower prices which there doing now..but they might stop making them I know they don't make the first generation iPads anymore

Most reactions

Latest posts