What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi Problem

Tonywade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:mad:I have been using my IPad for about a month and successfully connecting to my in-home WiFi every day. This morning I must have done something because I can no longer connect.
I have the WiFi model only (no 3G) and operating under OS 3.2.1.
My WiFi is working for all other wireless connected computers in the house so that is not the problem. Can you help?
tonywade

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On your main screen, do you see the WiFi signal strength indicator?

screenshot2.jpg

If not, check your settings. Under the WiFi settings, is your WiFi turned on?

wifi.jpg

Check these two things then we can take it from there.

OP
T

Tonywade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The WiFi signal strength indicator is NOT on - Only the word IPAD is shown on its own.

WiFi is turned ON.

The modem is good - two other computers run from the same wireless router and can access the internet without problems.

Any other suggestions.
Thanks
Tonywade

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The WiFi signal strength indicator is NOT on - Only the word IPAD is shown on its own.

WiFi is turned ON.

The modem is good - two other computers run from the same wireless router and can access the internet without problems.

Any other suggestions.
Thanks
Tonywade
This means you are not connected to a network, but you already knew that!

On your iPad, when you open the Settings and select the Wi-Fi option, do you see the name (SSID) of your home network?

ipad11.jpg

(Yes, I edited out the real name of my network!)

Do you see the name of your home network on the right side of the screen? If you do (and I am thinking you probably do see it), then I agree with the suggestion to use the Forget this network option. If you click the right arrow icon next to the name, this will bring up a new screen where you can tap on the bar that says Forget this Network.

Once you do that, you can select your home network again and try and log in.

bmanley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine worked fine for 2 weeks and then while watching a youtube video I lost the wifi. It will not reconnect. My network is secured and I think that doesn't help. I setup a guess network and left it unsecured and it will connect to that but not the secure one. This last update did nothing to help. Also just got the touch and it will not connect to my secured network

OP
T

Tonywade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Prioblem solved!
By making it "forget this network", I was obliged to start again ( find and select network; enter password, etc.) and it worked. Thanks for the suggestion!

A good test is too take your Ipad to another wifi network and try to connect.

Thanks again

Tonywade

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice work Tony!

And a little off topic... My wife and I were in Victoria 2 years ago. We were only there for a brief stop as part of our Alaskan cruise, but we were there long enough to see your #1 attraction... Butchart Gardens. A real gem!

Most reactions