What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public wifi problems

Montereybob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Often when I am in a hotel or airport, my iPad will connect to the public wifi but will be unable to connect to the Internet. Is this a typical problem with public wifi networks or could their be something wrong with my iPad? I never have this problem on my home wifi.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some public wifi make you click to agree to terms of use before you can get on. Some have passwords. If you see someone else using the wifi, why not ask?

Kathryn4812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got back from 2 weeks in Ireland, and I was amazed how many places, there and in England, had free Wifi. Even pubs and cafes. Sometimes I needed a password, sometimes I was able to connect effortlessly. I imagine it won't be long before there's free WiFi everywhere.

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Montereybob said:
Often when I am in a hotel or airport, my iPad will connect to the public wifi but will be unable to connect to the Internet. Is this a typical problem with public wifi networks or could their be something wrong with my iPad? I never have this problem on my home wifi.
You have to be careful about certain public wifi networks. Some people will turn on a wifi network named some free Internet name, but what it does is try to log your accesses or hack into your system.

Most reactions

Latest posts