What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3G wirelss usage while connected to WiFi

jeanpineault

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 250MB 3G wireless package. I have left my iPad in the house for the past 2 weeks. It is connected to the WiFi as indicated by the the WiFi icon and under settings it shows IP address/etc. Why suddenly am I over my 250MB plan? How does the iPad "ignore" the wireless connection when under WiFi. Help is appreciated?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad will always - repeat always - use WiFi in preference to 3G. However, it will switch seamlessly to 3G should the WiFi network go down for some reason or the iPad is moved to an area in the house where WiFi is not available.

Tim

jeffwingo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad drained my 2 gb data plan because wifi was off. There was some app that was sucking data through a straw. Close all apps and eve turn the device off at night.

jeffwingo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There was some app that was not playing nicely. No obvious downloads or streaming. Once I put it back on wifi, I saw a bunch of activity on the airport. When turned off the iPad, the activity light went calm. I closed all the programs and it seemed to remain settled down. It taught me that I need to be careful when not in wifi.

Most reactions