What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi Printer & iPad Can't Find Each Other ??

NorPlan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:( Things were working find couple days ago ?? Power to Printer is Plugged In, Click on appropriate squares message comes back " Can't Find Printer ".. Have gone through Settings on iPad , Not sure what if anything was UnClicked or Clicked that shouldn't have been.. ?? Help Appreciated, Cheers Thanks

lhm16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I'm no expert, but have you checked that Bluetooth is activated on your iPad?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
:( Things were working find couple days ago ?? Power to Printer is Plugged In, Click on appropriate squares message comes back " Can't Find Printer ".. Have gone through Settings on iPad , Not sure what if anything was UnClicked or Clicked that shouldn't have been.. ?? Help Appreciated, Cheers Thanks

Hello - you might provide some information to help: 1) What iPad do you own; 2) What is the current iOS installed; 3) What printer do you use (make/model), and have you checked for firmware updates; 4) Are you printing using Apple's AirPrint Service (if so, check the link); 5) Is you printer cabled in any fashion, e.g. USB or ethernet & to a computer or router; and 6) What happened between 'things were working find a couple days ago' and now (e.g. did you install iOS 10)? Also, tell us if printing is not working in a single or in all apps? Answers to these questions might be useful.

In the meantime, I would suggest that you 'power recycle' your modem, router, and printer (pull the power - wait a while, then replug or turn on in the following order, modem, router, and printer) - also, Reset your iPad using both the HOME & ON-OFF buttons - try again. BTW, the printer & your iPad have to be on the same iPad network to us AirPrint - BT does not have to be on (for AirDrop, Wi-Fi & BT are both needed). Dave :)

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an older wireless HP printer that worked for several years and at some IOS upgrade it stopped--assuming that HP never downloaded a driver to the printer for that OS. I use it now by going to wifi and choose the printer (which acts as its own server) and print normally, then returning to wifi and choosing the normal wifi. I have a friend who has a newer HP printer who had to resort to the same thing when normal Airprint failed after about a year--both are inexpensive wireless printers. BTW I do this by turning printer and wifi on on the printer, then selecting the HP printer wifi signal in settings on Ipad or Iphone. I go back to the app and print as normal.

Most reactions

Latest posts