What's new

Wifi off when unlock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack1231

iPF Noob
Joined
Jul 1, 2012
Messages
74
Reaction score
1
Whenever I unlock my iPad Mini now, the wifi is disconnected. Then it takes about 30 seconds to connect again. But it's the same with my brothers iPhone 5. It happens on any wifi we connect to. And it's very annoying. Please help.
 
Unless your iPad (or iPhone) is connected to power, the WiFi is programmed to turn off a certain amount of time after the device is put into Sleep. This is a battery-saving feature designed by Apple and can't be changed on a stock iDevice.

However, it shouldn't take 30 seconds to re-start the WiFi. Have you checked your router settings? Or, maybe try to "reset Network Settings" in your Settings app? You'll have to add in all your WiFi spots (to include putting in the passwords), but still, maybe it'll help?

Marilyn
 
But is does it all the time? Even when connected to power. It's only just started.
 
My iPad was doing that and then my computers, I unplugged my routers power supply to hard restart it and waited about maybe a full minute and plugged it back in. Now everything works like before and it doesn't take forever for wifi to load on my iPad anymore.
 
I have just resent my network on my ipad. I will tell you the results tomorrow.
 
Ok, I reset my network setting and my problem is resolved. Can you close this thread now please.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom