What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help with WIFI issues

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased my ipad in november and its happily been connecting to my WIFI router, until the last week or so.

it stays connected all the time, its at full signal strength. I connect to a website it loads half way and then nothing.... then safari cannot connect message appears.

I go to settings, WIFI, disconnect and then reconnect, and then its fine, for maybe half an hour to an hour.

its very annoying, I can't seem to pinpoint the problem.

I know theres a lot of WIFI problems but mine doesn't seem to be the same.

is there any diagnostics tests I can do to check to see if its my router??

i'm on OS 3.2.2, and my router is a sky sagem if thats any help.

cheers

Last edited:

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Unplug the router, wait a min or so, then plug it back in. Sometimes, you will need to unplug and replug in the modem as well (if it is separate) in which case, unplug the modem, then router and wait a min. Plug everything back in starting with the modem then the router.

You can see if you are getting a valid IP by going into the Settings, Wifi and then hitting the blue arrow by your connection. if it starts with 169, there is an issue with the router. That means it isn't pulling an IP from DHCP.

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unplug the router, wait a min or so, then plug it back in. Sometimes, you will need to unplug and replug in the modem as well (if it is separate) in which case, unplug the modem, then router and wait a min. Plug everything back in starting with the modem then the router.

You can see if you are getting a valid IP by going into the Settings, Wifi and then hitting the blue arrow by your connection. if it starts with 169, there is an issue with the router. That means it isn't pulling an IP from DHCP.

OK thanks for that, i'll try that. one thing worth mentioning is that my laptop, phone and PS3 all seem to connect with no problem?

Its1am

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having exactly the same problem. Resetting the router/modem do not fix the iPad issue and it is further isolated to the iPad since, like addios, I have noticed that all of my other devices have no problem connecting. The only other info I can add is that it only started happening for me after the upgrade to iOS4.2. Prior to the upgrade, I had no connectivity problems at all. The other thing I am noticing is that pages load much more slowly and it times out on my mail as well. So, it def seems like a problem with the iPad WiFi and not just Safari. I hope someone has a fix for this.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think some of the experts need to make a list of all the weird sounding names,such as DHCP,Static,and the others associated with the Wi-Fi networking. It would be nice to know what they mean and what they do.

Al.

Most reactions

Latest posts