What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi not works after wifi antenne replacement

Vasek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please help with my wife's ipad2;-)

Wifi not works, details:

- Digitizer not changed, only antenne
- Tried all basic helps (network refresh, restart ipad, router change, etc.)
- Bluetooth not works as well.
- No 3G, only wifi version (32GB version)

- So I think that is hardware issue. But, already experienced with this kind of replacement, it was made carefully...

Reason why was it changed is that fell down from table, so we needed to change the glass and antenna which were broken. So maybe other hardware parts is broken which should be fixed or replaced.
Ipad works at all.

So, that the antenna we replaced is bad from vendor.

Just ask for any detail to focus more on the problem. Thank you.

OP
Vasek

Vasek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The wifi unit on the logic board is a seperate piece that plugs into the logic board. It is possible that it we knocked loose by the drop. Check out step 12 & 13 in the iPad 2 tear down here: iPad 2 Wi-Fi EMC 2415 Teardown. The shields on the logic board just pop off but be careful no to damage the small components.

Thank you, I will try and let you know. Thank you, Vaclav

OP
Vasek

Vasek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The wifi unit on the logic board is a seperate piece that plugs into the logic board. It is possible that it we knocked loose by the drop. Check out step 12 & 13 in the iPad 2 tear down here: iPad 2 Wi-Fi EMC 2415 Teardown. The shields on the logic board just pop off but be careful no to damage the small components.

Hi, I looked at 12 and 13 steps but there is nothing about how to fix it. Definitely by changing we popped off the shields to plug the antenna on the logic board...

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, I looked at 12 and 13 steps but there is nothing about how to fix it. Definitely by changing we popped off the shields to plug the antenna on the logic board...
I'm guessing that it may just need to be reconnected to the logic board and that a loose connection is causing your problem. So you would need to open the iPad , pop the Shields off and make sure the wifi board is firmly in place.

OP
Vasek

Vasek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, unfortunately this not helped. Do you have any other advice? thank you so much, vaclav

Most reactions