What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi connection

efcsantos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Have baught an iPad 2 and the wifi will only stay connected for approx 10 min then disconnect. When I try to search for my wifi the the iPad cannot search an is comming up with no results. Can anybody tell me please?

rik8888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Have baught an iPad 2 and the wifi will only stay connected for approx 10 min then disconnect. When I try to search for my wifi the the iPad cannot search an is comming up with no results. Can anybody tell me please?

Try finding alternate wifi hotspots (if possible) to determine whether the problem is with your iPad 2 or your router.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hi Efcsantos - welcome to the forum! :)

Agree w/ the previous posters - certainly if you can try your iPad on other Wi-Fi networks w/ success then that will localize your issue(s).

Also, 'power recycle' both your router & modem (both may be in one unit?) - simply pull the cord and/or turn off the power switch; wait a half minute or so and then sequentially turn on your modem (wait a little) and finally your router - good luck & please post back if these suggestions do not help!

rik8888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a problem with an older TG580 router, wifi worked OK with my Dell laptop but my iPad 2 had problems connecting and staying connected. Replaced router with new Netgear DGN2200 and no more iPad 2 wifi probs.

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
try rebooting the router and then have to go into settings go to your Wi-Fi that you're on now remove it and then re-add to fix the problem

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rik8888 said:
Try finding alternate wifi hotspots (if possible) to determine whether the problem is with your iPad 2 or your router.

This is correct. This way you'll know if your having a problem with your iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts