What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 wifi only losing connection

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have ipad 1 and 2 wifi only 32 gb on both also.....but numerous times while surfing the net with the ipad 2, i keep losing my home network and after a few mins it will come back and auto connect. This dosent happen with my ipad 1....any ideas? I've already hard reset with the same results

Last edited:

B.I.G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine has been doing this too.. And if I go into settings I can re-connect manually too.

tibob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happens to me alot too, wifi drops on ipad 2. Seems that the antenna on the ipad2 isn't very good.

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tibob said:
Happens to me alot too, wifi drops on ipad 2. Seems that the antenna on the ipad2 isn't very good.

Yea n kidding...sucks! How can we fix this crap? I'm not resetting my router or going to buy a new one when I have no issues at all with iPad 1 wifi only on the same network

Reaction score
tibob said:

Yea n kidding...sucks! How can we fix this crap? I'm not resetting my router or going to buy a new one when I have no issues at all with iPad 1 wifi only on the same network

I solved mine via the link that is posted in the thread link a couple of posts above.
I didn't reset anything, just turned off notifications and changed my router from mixed to wpa only and use a static ip address. It's an ip address lease renewal bug.
Time showed me I didn't need to turn off notifications.
Try putting a static ip on your iPad 2 and see if that helps.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
accordlayingkit said:

I can understand yoyr issues. I als was not happy. However, I finally managed to get things working with trial and error. If you are not willing to do this all tha is left is either accept or return.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

tibob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I run WPA, problem is it drops when signal from router is less than full on the ipad 2. My touch, laptop and wireless desktop do not have this problem evev if signal is at 1 bar.

otacon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I experienced the same thing as everyone else. Just tinker with the settings you're bound to find a combination that works for you. This time I just moved all the settings over from DHCP to Static. Trial and error :)

otacon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well it's been a few hours and I'm still connected. It's been sleeping for a while too. I simply moved all the settings from DHCP to Static and I haven't lost the connection yet.

UPDATE: Spoke too soon. Lasted about 4 hours to it dropped after it was asleep for an extended time. Eh I'll take it for now.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts