What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi connection drops solution!

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What if you have an older wireless device that only has WEP Encryption? Apple should release a firmware update to deal with this correctly

tigerbait1953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems to make sense to me. I have an Apple Airport Extreme and Airport Express extending my network and use WPA2 encryption. I have never had a Wifi dropout with my iPad. I have seen the signal strength fluctuate, but never drop. I tried his orientation test and did see similar behavior. Another observation is that I haven't had any drops or fluctuations on "open" unprotected networks that the ipad has discovered at hotels or friend's homes.

Ltapilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the interesting read. One quick question, he speaks of a Wi-Fi signal meter and it seems to fluctuate. Is this the small graphic in the upper left hand corner next to the word iPad? Or is there an app for that?:confused:

Most reactions

Latest posts