What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi Booster - Paid Tweak

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
I can't find this app in iTunes. What is the exact name of the app?

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

it's not available in itunes .. but from Cydia app store for jailbreak Ipad ..

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
You've wandered into the hacking forums......these apps come from Cydia.

The Archangel

Ahhhh, OK, thanks for the prompt response. I don't jailbreak ;).

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

HowBoutThemPack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
I purchased an excellent new tweak from Cydia this week. WiFi Booster from Malcolm Hall ($1.99) removes the signal strength limit allowing you to see and connect to weak WiFi networks in your area from the iPad WiFi Settings. It also enhances the network view to include the MAC address of the access point [blurred out in my image ;)] and the signal strength.

As you can see in the image below, I can now identify two weak networks which would normally be hidden without this tweak because they are outside of the iPad's original signal strength limit. Very handy since one happens to be an unsecured wireless router with an 8MB internet connection behind it :D

If you like your WiFi, look into this! It really works and has the f4780y seal of approval ;)

What do the negative number in between the router name and the signal strength signify?

Sent from my jailbroken iPad2 using iPF

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HowBoutThemPack said:
What do the negative number in between the router name and the signal strength signify?

Sent from my jailbroken iPad2 using iPF

Wifi signal is commonly measured in dBm. It is measuring the stregnth in decebels. Its not really negative, (because that would be impossible to have negative wifi signal), just the lower the number, the better the signal. I think they are negative because it measures signal loss. (I think)

NielNiel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will this booster consume up more battery?

oops just saw the post above. Ignore me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GimmeMyPhone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
does this actually work? I have tried many wifi boosters and none of them really boosted anything... :(

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
does this actually work? I have tried many wifi boosters and none of them really boosted anything... :(

As the description says, it removes the IOS limit imposed which prevents you from seeing weak networks. It does NOT boost the power of the wifi hardware in the device. Hope that clarifies.

spiderman3279

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think not really usefull, because with signal strenght above -70dBm, mostly u can't connect to wifi access point

Most reactions

Latest posts