What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wi-Fi router recommendation

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My present router is a D-Link DI-614+. It is about 10 years old and is not supported by D-Link any longer. It is 802.11b only.

I plan on replacing it with a new, faster router. I have 4 remote devices connected by wire and a PS-3 connected by Wi-Fi. I will be receiving my iPad soon and it will make a second Wi-Fi connection. I have a cable modem, it is very fast 25mb/s +.

What would be the best router for my needs? I want to get the fastest/best, price is not a problem.

TIA,
Chisaki

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really, just about any 802.11n router will do. What you get as the price goes up is a stronger signal over a wider area. Now that being said, I have a D-Link DIR615 802.11n router that was on sale for $20 from Best Buy. Now you really can't go cheaper than that!

We live on 3 acres and the router is in the "man cave" as indicated by the red arrow.

ourhouse.jpg

When I mow the law (on a tractor of course), I use my iPod Touch to listen to streaming audio and there are NO dropouts anywhere and the iPod (which is a 2nd generation) only works at 802.11g!

The moral of the story is that you should get a "decent" router, but for home use, there is no sense in going over board. Save your money for all those cool apps!

Most reactions

Latest posts