What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wi fi issues

Imspartacus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HELP PLEASE
I have a 64gb3g iPad and ii am having problems with the wifi. Not a signal issue as this heppens when stood next to the router. I have a net gear router as supplied by my ISP. Sky. All my other devices including iPhone 4 and MacBook have no problems at all but my iPad will not always display the Internet etc when connected. Works all the time on 3G and sometimes on wifi but just as your getting into surfing the net it stops responding and safari is unable to connect.

I have tried resetting the iPad. And router and even stopped the router from transmitting on 2 channels. I have ios 3.2.2 loaded on my iPad

Could this be my iPad?

Anyone else have the same issues?

Thanks in advance for your help

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lots of threads on this in the forums if you look back. Most iPads work really well so the usual answer to your problem is interference which can be solved by switching channels. Theres a reason why you have them :)
Just do a quick search.

If you can test your iPad somewhere where there is free wifi (friends house, Starbucks etc.) you can at least eliminate it from your list of probable problems.
GL

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Download a wifi scanning program to your laptop and see what is actually showing up in your house. Are you able to see a lot of neighbors wifi networks? If so you need to pick a wifi channel that is not being used by one of your neighbors. Its best to pic a channel as far away from others being used to eliminate interference.

Just from a security stand point make sure your using WPA2 encryption.

Also after making changes to your wireless router go into your ipad settings for the network and select the button that says "forget This network" and then connect to it again entering the correct key/password.

OP
I

Imspartacus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Worth a try i suppose. have already change the channel before but may need looking at again. didnt do the forget this network thing. Im sure it not my router as i say i have no troubles with the macbook or other windows based pc's or iphone. No issues with 3g either.

i might try another wifi network and changing the channels again

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Worth a try i suppose. have already change the channel before but may need looking at again. didnt do the forget this network thing. Im sure it not my router as i say i have no troubles with the macbook or other windows based pc's or iphone. No issues with 3g either.

i might try another wifi network and changing the channels again

ipads wifi is much more sensitive to interference then most laptops.

Also if you have any wireless house phones you may want to unplug the base stations and turn them off to see if that is whats causing the interference.

OP
I

Imspartacus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tHANKS FOR THAT. Changed the channel number, ipad forget the network, hidden the ssid and then found again ( manually) all logged on ok so far. fingers crossed.

Most reactions

Latest posts