What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WI-FI icon not showing.

smilam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've not posted for months. In fact I guess I really haven't had any problems or concerns. I am on the
Ipad 4 and loving it. The other day I noticed the wifi icon was missing. I have never noticed that happening before. I am certain that I have Internet access because it's on almost all day. I have searched in the ipad guide and have looked on the support site. I have checked settings and have been unable to figure it out. I can live without the icon but I'm wondering if it could be leading to something more dire. Any help would be appreciated. Also, in my past posts I have been so happy when I have gotten an answer to the problem from this forum that I have forgotten to respond with a remark of helpful or not. Sorry. No excuses. Just CRS (can't remember sh t). Thanks smilam
:confused:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Smilam - when your iPad Wi-Fi icon is NOT showing in the left upper corner, are you connected to the internet (assuming that you have tested)? You might want to also provide more information on your internet setup, e.g. modem (Cable, DSL, other), router (brand/model), and whether you have other devices or computers on this network that may or may not be having problems? May help - for the present you can first re-power your modem/router to see if that corrects the issue (I do that once a week) - second, you can go into Settings, then to Wi-Fi, select your current network - THEN, 'forget' and retry a connection - let me stop there to see if any of these suggestions help - good luck and post back if still having a problem? :)

P.S. if posts have helped you (and good advice for others), a 'LIKE' is always appreciated by those spending time to read about your problems and offer hopefully helpful advice (AND giving freely of their time) - just saying - :thumbs:

OP
smilam

smilam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. My Internet comes to me via cable, then I added a router(belkin) for wifi so I don't have to sit in one place. I have another ipad connected to the same source and the icon is showing. I think that tells me that it is something with my gen 4. I'll try the settings suggestions and get back with you. Later!

OP
smilam

smilam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well thanks a lot. I went into settings and closed the wifi, then asked to join and put the belkin info and password and voila. It works.I have the icon back and everything is good to go. I took a vacation to San Diego a few weeks ago and my daughter logged in to her wifi. I noticed today during some shopping my location was reported to be San Diego, not my current location. That's all changed too. Can't help but thank you again.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well thanks a lot. I went into settings and closed the wifi, then asked to join and put the belkin info and password and voila. It works.I have the icon back and everything is good to go. I took a vacation to San Diego a few weeks ago and my daughter logged in to her wifi. I noticed today during some shopping my location was reported to be San Diego, not my current location. That's all changed too. Can't help but thank you again.

Hi Smilan - glad to help! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts