What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wi fi and 3g

ugaalf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to the ipad and have a wi fi and 3g Ipad 2. Do I just leave them both running at the same time? will the unit automatically use wi fi when available and not use up the 3g data when there is a good wi fi connection?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Yes, it's an auto thing, only, just to be sure, I you know you're in a wifi area you might want to switch 3G off yourself just to be sure; peeps have been complaining tha 3G is being used from their accounts when in a wifi area

bjb148

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A slightly different question... I'm in a food court at a shopping center as I write this. I'm in the first month of 250mb data plan. When I opened IPad 2, 3G was on. Just out of curiosity, I went into wifi settings. There appeared to be free wifi networks ( no lock icon) but wasn't able to log on. When I opened forum, the wifi icon came on and, of course no 3G. I've been reading forum for half hour and then (see above) decided to turn off 3G. After turning off "cellular data", nothing. Turned 3G back on and wifi icon reappeared. As I'm writing this, wifi icon gone and 3G active. Any ideas what's going on here? Somebody using my 3G?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

whendricso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i noticed today there is an ios update that addresses ipad wifi +3g issues, maybe this update fixes that issue?

Most reactions

Latest posts