What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why youtube for ipad not showing all the videos that my desktop does?

Fabio_rj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can not understand it. And i am searching for an answer for that. My desktop shows videos that youtube on ipad doesn't. It is as those videos don't exist for ipad. That sounds crazy. Any one has a acceptable answer for that?
Thanks and sorry for my poor english. I am getting it better.
Fabio.

OP
F

Fabio_rj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Video that is on desktop but not shown on ipad when i search for "katy perry hot n cold". You won't see this video available after the search, neither ipad youtube app nor on youtube mobile page in ipad safari, as if it does not exist. And if you force it by openning the link directly in ipad safari, it does not work at all.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X75mry1LcFg[/ame]

Video that is shown on desktop and also on ipad and runs perfectly on both machines when i search*for "katy perry hot n cold".

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHROHJlU_Ng[/ame]

So my question is Why some videos are not available only for ipad/ipod/tvs( I have a sony tv with internet and youtube does not show some videos the same way) once they are available on youtube servers?*
And these two videos are just an example. It occurs with many videos that I have watched on desktop and when I decided to watch them again on apple tablet, I realize that they are not available for me to choose and watch. The ipad/ipod/tvs simply ignore them.
Thanks for any idea,
Fabio.

Last edited:

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They are Adobe Flash based videos(.flv), many on utube are. The iPad can't play Adobe Flash at this time, and probably never will. On your PC if you right click on the video it will tell you if it's an Adobe Flash video at the bottom of the pop-up.

Last edited:

kierandill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The content shown in the ipad youtube app comes from the mobile version of the youtube website. If you go there with a PC browser, even with flash, you will not find those videos. The real question is, then, why is the premium content not on the mobile Youtube website?
Most of that missing content can be found in the Vevo app, which may yield a clue to the answer for the question in the preceding paragraph.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually it's copyright bs. Same resin I can't watch hulu on my google tv. Some videos are just not available mobile...they want you to watch it on the site so you can watch all their advertising.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually it's copyright bs. Same resin I can't watch hulu on my google tv. Some videos are just not available mobile...they want you to watch it on the site so you can watch all their advertising.

Uh, no, that is not true. These are flash videos, that is why they dont play on the ipad. The reason you can't watch hulu on your google TV IS because of copyright nonsense that the networks pull.

AngryClown

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Uh, no, that is not true. These are flash videos, that is why they dont play on the ipad. The reason you can't watch hulu on your google TV IS because of copyright nonsense that the networks pull.

No, he's absolutely correct. There is a flag when a video is posted that prevents videos from being watched on mobile devices. This is used by media posters to force users to load the page where they can have directed advertising.

There are actually FLV files that show up on my youtube search on my iphone, and when you select the video it says "cannot play back this video".

Not playing is drastically different from not showing up in search results, which is what this whole thread was about in the first place.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score

No, he's absolutely correct. There is a flag when a video is posted that prevents videos from being watched on mobile devices. This is used by media posters to force users to load the page where they can have directed advertising.

There are actually FLV files that show up on my youtube search on my iphone, and when you select the video it says "cannot play back this video".

Not playing is drastically different from not showing up in search results, which is what this whole thread was about in the first place.

If that was true I wouldn't be able to view those videos from my phone, yet, I can view them just fine.

Most reactions

Latest posts