What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why won't my iPad back up?

obasanla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I keep getting messages that my ipad hasn't been backed up in weeks. It is always connected to wifi and charging at night. It was working before, but it's now been 20 weeks since it was backed up. I went to the Apple store but didn't bring my iPad with me (dumb, huh?). I forgot it at home. I tried all kinds of combinations, but it just won't back up, even manually. What should I do?

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm going to play Captain Obvious here and ask.. is iCloud Backup turned on? Go into Settings > Backup and make sure that iCloud Backup is toggled on.

John903

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This may be caused by a corrupt existing backup that needs to be deleted, or by data on your device that is causing the backup to fail. Try deleting your last iCloud backup by turning off iCloud Backup in Settings>Backup, then tap Manage Storage, tap Delete, then go back and turn iCloud Backup back on and try backing up again.

Most reactions