What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why no folders sync from iphone to ipad2?

marmagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I just activated my ipad2 for the 1st time

I sync it using my itunes which has also my iphone 3gs into it

how come after I sync all, it got all the apps from my iphone 3GS but it didnt create any folders from the iphone 3GS how come?

what can I do to have exact same folder with apps into it same as in the iphone?

thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can't sync folders, only the apps.

Folder's are backed up, but since the iPhone and iPad are different devices you won't be able to get them that way.

So, you just have to recreate them on the iPad, manually. You'll probably want to weed out some of your iPhone apps anyway. Some of them won't make sense on an iPad, and others that are designed only for the iPhone will look terrible. You'll want iPad optimized replacements.

OP
marmagi

marmagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wowww what a mess to recreate folders for 900 apps !!!

what about email accounts I had in the iphone why they were not sync with the ipad2? also these I have to recreate them ?

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
marmagi said:

what about email accounts I had in the iphone why they were not sync with the ipad2? also these I have to recreate them ?

You have to set up the email accounts on the iPad in the settings.
But don't worry, you won't have to write the sent messages all again ;o)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
marmagi said:

As long as the accounts are IMAP or Exchange all folders on the server should sync automatically.

OP
marmagi

marmagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can I use the backup of my iphone to restore the apps folders in my new ipad2 ?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
can I use the backup of my iphone to restore the apps folders in my new ipad2 ?

I've never tried it, but I don't think so. Last time I did a restore of any sort I don't' remember the iPhone's backup being offered as an option.

If you are using iTunes on a computer it is possible to create folders and arrange apps in the Apps tab in iTunes. This is a bit easier for big jobs than doing it all on the device.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts