What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

**Why does it REVERT back?

maemer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My main email account is Yahoo....on my iPad and iPhone...a window pops and says I need to sign in to Yahoo...so I go to Settings>Mail,Contacts, Calendars>Yahoo!>then I tap my yahoo email address and up pops my Account....I go to
Password and put in my NEW Yahoo password...then it verifies and all blue checks show up...then I hit Done...go back to main settings....then I shut my pad/phone off and restart them....follow the above directions and my Yahoo password has gone back to the original password...you can't even go back to Settings and it has changed back...
So I changed it again...rebooted my devices...tried again...same thing...
Any ideas???

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you delete the account and set it up again? This solves a lot of problems with email accounts.

Last edited:
OP
M

maemer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went into settings...Mail, etc...and deleted my Yahoo account....then I added it back...guess what? It didn't work...still has my old password....now what?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe this will work:

Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account from a desktop computer.
Move your cursor over the Menu icon , then select Account Info.
For your account's security, you'll need to enter your password again.
Click Sign In.
Under "Sign-In and Security," click Manage Apps and Website Connections.
- You'll see websites, applications, and mobile devices that you've authorized to access your Yahoo account.
Click Remove next to any entries listed for Yahoo for your mobile device.
Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account on your mobile device, which should fix the problem.
(Yahoo Help)

OP
M

maemer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Johanna...so far your fix has worked...now maybe you can fix another problem....several months ago I deactivated, not deleted, my Facebook account....this way...all my stuff is still there but I'm taking a sabbatical....but I get that little pop up every time telling me to fill in my Facebook password...any thoughts?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have a Facebook account, all I can do is search for a solution.

This is one I found, maybe it will help you:
When you enter the password in that popup, don't tap "Enter" or whatever is there in the popup, but hit the "Return" key on your iPad.

You could also try the usual troubleshooting steps:
Restarting, resetting your iPad and force closing apps.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure that there's no app that tries to connect to/contact your FB account.
In Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars make sure that the Facebook calendar is disabled, in case you used it.

Most reactions

Latest posts