What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why can't things be simple?

reelguitars

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 that I have loaded a couple hundred mp3 backing trackings on using FileApp Pro (never liked iTunes...maybe I'm just too dumb to use it). I'm a solo guitarist using this setup in my live shows. Anyway, the songs go from 1 to the next and sometimes, I'd just like to be able to pause for a few seconds to talk to the crowd...and...I'd really like to be able to do that with a footswitch. I know AirTurn makes page turner software and the BT105 pedals connect via bluetooth, I just don't think they are compatible with FileApp Pro. Does anyone know a way I could do this? And the icing on the cake for me would also be able to control the up/down volume with another pedals or pedals (not like a regular guitar volume pedal...even the good ones don't offer smooth volume transition). ANY help on this would be greatly appreciated. ps-I don't mind building something if I can get an idea what to build. Thanks again, David

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 that I have loaded a couple hundred mp3 backing trackings on using FileApp Pro (never liked iTunes...maybe I'm just too dumb to use it). I'm a solo guitarist using this setup in my live shows. Anyway, the songs go from 1 to the next and sometimes, I'd just like to be able to pause for a few seconds to talk to the crowd...and...I'd really like to be able to do that with a footswitch. I know AirTurn makes page turner software and the BT105 pedals connect via bluetooth, I just don't think they are compatible with FileApp Pro. Does anyone know a way I could do this? And the icing on the cake for me would also be able to control the up/down volume with another pedals or pedals (not like a regular guitar volume pedal...even the good ones don't offer smooth volume transition). ANY help on this would be greatly appreciated. ps-I don't mind building something if I can get an idea what to build. Thanks again, David

I think audio is logarithmic. Meaning you need a 'tapered' pot to make the change in volume feel/seem linear for a change in output power based on a volume control.

Most reactions

Latest posts