What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why Apple stalling on approving apps?

motsco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello-

I know 2 people that have created apps for IOS, one has a app that cost money. the other has a app that is free, they both told me since the release of IOS 8 , their apps are unstable and they have submitted updates to Apple that have yet been approved.

the free app Pearson told me he had his updates ready by the Tim 8.02 was released, the paid app person told me that his apps was ready to update by the time 8 was released. and they both told me they can't say a lot but they feel Apple is stalling so the apps can't be updated.

I have 2 automotive apps on my I devices for diagnostics, since i upgraded to 8. now 8.2 these apps crash hard. both of these diagnostic apps ran fine with iOS 6 & 7. I have been in contact with the makers of these apps. and they are blaming Apple for the delay on the updates.

why would Apple hold up apps from getting updates if the creators of the apps have them ready to roll out?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple does not deliberately delay approving apps and app updates if the submitted apps and app updates meet the terms and conditions, work as stated, match the submitted description, and don't crash. If those updates have not been approved they must be deficient in some manner.

OP
M

motsco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple does not deliberately delay approving apps and app updates if the submitted apps and app updates meet the terms and conditions, work as stated, match the submitted description, and don't crash. If those updates have not been approved they must be deficient in some manner.

ok

LasJayhawk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Poker Journal may have something to do with it. The app worked on iOS 7.X, but broke the OTA install of 8.

Broke as in hung it up. It would upgrade via iTunes, but iTunes would skip the offending app, and it looks like the OTA couldn't. Since an app shouldn't be able to break the iOS update, but did, my guess is Apple is looking at apps and updates very closely at the moment.

Thread on the issue can be found on a poker players board here: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/45/software/poker-journal-app-ios8-iphone-problems-1475606/

Mods: I hope the link is ok, seems like a misbehaving app could break the OTA update is a tidbit that should be known around here. :)

Last edited:

Most reactions