What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do my updates keep stalling?

Snowdropbooks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have several updates but one or two keep stalling, and referring me to check all available downloads in apps store but where do I find this, as it doesn't appear in settings or the app store either? It also instructs me to check into iTunes but I'm already checked in. ipages and moleskin apps are giving me the biggest problem. If anyone can advise please I'd be very grateful.

Reaction score
When it says, Check in iTunes, it is referring to the iTunes desktop software. In iTunes, you would then select Store->Check for available downloads.

This message usually shows up, when you are trying to download an app larger then 20MB over 3G.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
To check available downloads on the PC click on "Apps" in your iTunes Library. At the bottom of the screen you'll see "Check for updates". Click on this and you'll get a listing of all the apps that have new available updates. Click "Get Update" next to the app icon to download the update.

OP
S

Snowdropbooks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, but still not working. I am able to update other apps also able to get new apps, but re ipages and keynote it stalls everytime and tells me to go to iTunes, when I go there there are no available downloads and no library tab to select. I've checked my iTunes account is all in order. Ive tried to download the updates iTunes app but this also didn't happen. Stuck now and very Sad.

Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Snow ~ go to User CP up top, middle of page and click. Then on left side follow "Edit Avatar" I think it says ~

+1

And don't forget to do so on your desktop browser, as the iPad browsers don't let you upload an image, though you may still use the 'add image from website' option on the iPad.

OP
S

Snowdropbooks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no user CP so unable to select it at all. I go into my profile but there is no section for adding info or photos.

Reaction score
Yeah, it won't work from within iPF, unless you use it's inbuilt browser to open the ipadforums.net website.

Oh...IPF. I always forget that part! Yep. You have to go to your desktop for simplicity sake.

Since you already in bolding mood, pressing on the bold thread title from within iPF takes you straight to the website.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sadly I don't use it either.
The design is almost there, but I prefer the quick reply box in a browser which allows you to scroll to previous posts to check the wording.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
Thank you, but still not working. I am able to update other apps also able to get new apps, but re ipages and keynote it stalls everytime and tells me to go to iTunes, when I go there there are no available downloads and no library tab to select. I've checked my iTunes account is all in order. Ive tried to download the updates iTunes app but this also didn't happen. Stuck now and very Sad.

Okay, first... you cannot update files on your iPad that are over 20MB in size. This has to be done on the PC and synched to the iPad using the instructions listed earlier. If you do not have a left hand sidebar in your iTunes you'll need to go to the "View" tab at the the top of the screen and uncheck "Use Full Window for iTune Store." This will give you the option to look at your apps, movies, music, etc. Hopefully, this helps clear up some of the difficulties you're having.

Most reactions

Latest posts