What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's made the jump from 1st gen to 3rd gen?

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's what I did too. Now my husband is using the original - I wonder when he'll want his own 3?

MichelleSchwalb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pauley said:
I made the jump from iPad 1 to the new iPad 3.... Wow!

I just got the new Ipad for my Birthday.. I know that I barley know all what's going on in the App world! My question is that, is there a huge difference between iPad 2 or the new one. Did I get Ripped off? And im VERY disappointed that I didn't get Siri on the new iPad Why did Apple do that? Also I herd that there is a New one comin out in Sept a 10 inch! Did anyone here that?

jerseymaggie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Czevski said:
That's what I did too. Now my husband is using the original - I wonder when he'll want his own 3?

Me too! Thinking about getting him the 3 for Christmas. We have kids so the the 1 will get some use!

Noodles118

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Christmas 2011 I got my daughter an iPad2. When March 16, 2012 rolled around (the premier debut date for the IPad 3) I just happen to have I-2 with me when passing a Best Buy. Big advertising banner hanging above entrance way advertising top dollar trade ins for iPad2s. (my ipad2, by the way was a 64gb, Wi-Fi plus 3G) After talking with the sales clerk, I brought the unit in (for fun) just to get an idea of a trade in value. My timing could not have been better. I was very surprised when the trade in value was right around $120 short of an Ipad3 - same amount of memory (64GB - WiFi, 3/4G). So, for me, it was a no-brainer in saying good-bye to my "2", and hello to a "3".

I take quite a bit of videos/photos with my iPad and absolutely love the high resolution quality of the pictures taken with the upgraded camera. The pictures are so amazingly crisper and clearer, and the colors just seem to pop off the screen. IMO, there was so many shortcomings with the camera of the iPad2, that it was almost felt like you were taken advantage of by Apple, by them pushing this cheap camera in a such otherwise very impressive device.

So, in summing up- YES - I think there are MANY advantages to the iPad3 over the I-2, and I don't regret making the upgrade one bit! No doubt, future models to come will be even better that what Apple has bestowed upon in loyal subjects here in 2012.

Hissyfits

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've gone from 1 to 3 and sooo happy. The only groans I have is the wifi strength. I take both and 1 and 3 outside and while 1 has 3 bars, 3 has either 2 and sometimes even 1 bar. Also the retina display is so powerful, I cannot turn the brightness down to conserve power. Oh well. apart from those I love my New ipad to bits.

Hissyfits

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Patrizia_NC said:
I did and it so worth it!!

Yup me too. But year after year of trying to keep up with apple I'm starting to wonder if Apple is the way to go.

chokem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did too. Went from the IP1 to the iPad 3. Wow. I've had this about three months now and can't put it down.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I realised how much. Love this new iPad when I picked up my old 1gen (my daughter owns it now) and omg it's sooooo slow, clunky etc... The screen does pop out at you. The photos are wow and the resolution is great. Can't give this new iPad enough superlatives.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I went from 1st to 3rd gen recently .

Worth it , love it !

Something you can only appreciate when you own one,
Don't let the demo's dissuade you as the true test is having it in your own hands and using it your way.
A much better experience than the 1st gen.9

Most reactions

Latest posts