What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's made the jump from 1st gen to 3rd gen?

Umwat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 1 was slow as heck, after about a month I sold it and bought an iPad 2. Love it.

Played around with the new iPad at the Apple store the other day.

It's nice, but it's not any faster than the iPad 2. The screen and camera aren't worth the upgrade for me so I'm waiting for the next ipad.

XDRoX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 1 was slow as heck, after about a month I sold it and bought an iPad 2. Love it.

Played around with the new iPad at the Apple store the other day.

It's nice, but it's not any faster than the iPad 2. The screen and camera aren't worth the upgrade for me so I'm waiting for the next ipad.

You deserve the best. Just do it.

Max Death

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Made the jump from first generation to the third and could not be happier.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Me! Daughter has iPad 1 black 32GB wifi and Hubby bought the new iPad white 32GB for me Love, love, love the screen. My old eyes can see again.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I pushed my Ipad 1 (2 years old) and was having to do soft reset every day at least, things were quite sluggish, etc. I have Ipad 1 64GB wifi. I even had apps that I knew wouldn't work on 1 (video and photography) bought for sale price so I was delighted to find everything zipped, no sluggishness, all apps worked, no soft resetting when I got my Ipad 3 the 16th. Really big difference. Love it and hoping to get 3-4 years from it.

I kept my Ipad 1, restored to default, added all my music, Rhapsody and all its downloads, Pandora and other music apps. It replaces my aging Touch for music and is so much nicer to use with longer battery time, nice screen to search Itunes and Rhapsody.

Cfs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was just gonna stick out my original ipad for another year but I put it up for sale on craigslist in the united states where I live and I end up getting 275 4 my 32 gigabyte wifi ipad 1. I thought this amount is pretty reasonable for both sides. now I'm ready to buy the ipad 3.

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I could not be happier! My son has taken over our original iPad and I used it tonight for a few minutes and couldn't believe how spoiled I am with the new iPad. Obviously the original iPad is still fantastic but the speed and retina display is simply amazing on the new ipad:)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for reporting the spam, guys. Much appreciated, but could you do us a favor, and not quote it. Those URLs are going away as soon as a mod sees the report, and we don't want to take out your posts too. Anyway, the spam post has gone. Thanks again for the report.

samiedema

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I moved from IPad1 to IPad3. After some problems with syncing photos everything works fine now. The IPad3 is much smoother in operation. I feel it uses more power and I have to recharge more often.
My favorite App is now MeetingGold, its very good and flexible for meeting minutes, so I can recommend it.

Tasty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the original iPad and bought the new iPad 64 , I love how fast it is, the screen display is beautiful, well worth the wait. Proud owner of two iAds, iPod and iPhone 4s.

Tasty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am very satisfied with my new iPad 64 not only is it fast, beautiful, but a pleasure to use. It is safely housed in an outer box iPad 3 case and it looks and feels great.:eek:

SquiderDragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tasty said:
I am very satisfied with my new iPad 64 not only is it fast, beautiful, but a pleasure to use. It is safely housed in an outer box iPad 3 case and it looks and feels great.:eek:

Good choice of case. I have exactly the same experience with my iPad 64. Sweet isn't it! There are a lot of tasty games coming out that will run beautifully on the 1Gb A5x chip.

SquiderDragin.

Tasty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SquiderDragon said:
Good choice of case. I have exactly the same experience with my iPad 64. Sweet isn't it! There are a lot of tasty games coming out that will run beautifully on the 1Gb A5x chip.

SquiderDragin.

What have you played so far on your iPad, I am still waiting to download Simpson tapped out but I did download batman and infinity bode which looks great on the new iPad ..

SquiderDragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tasty said:
What have you played so far on your iPad, I am still waiting to download Simpson tapped out but I did download batman and infinity bode which looks great on the new iPad ..

Infinity Blade II is a must! Also Soul Calibur. Is worth checking out as its identical to the original Dreamcast version pretty much which was jaw dropping in its day. Also look for HD apps - there are updates coming out for retina display e.g. Monopoly HD just upgraded and it looks beautiful.

SquiderDragon

Most reactions