What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who wants their screen rotation button back?

Do you want the Screen Orientation button back?

• Yes, bring it back!

Votes: 224 74.9%
  • No, I like the mute button.

Votes: 64 21.4%
  • I don't care either way

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • There was an orientation button??

Votes: 4 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NumbLock said:
Hehe, too good to true. Thanks, Apple for listening to the public...for once.

Your right this might actually be the first time they listened! But we still use their stuff :)

George B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't seem to lock my screen rotation, I did it once before and now I can only lock my volume with the same button. Sometimes I'm in bed laying on my side and the screen rotates when i don't want it to.

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
looking forward to iOS 4.3 and the flexibility to choose what the side switch does (mute vs screen orientation lock)
Good decision by Apple

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stefx said:
looking forward to iOS 4.3 and the flexibility to choose what the side switch does (mute vs screen orientation lock)
Good decision by Apple

Amen

Darian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't seem to lock my screen rotation, I did it once before and now I can only lock my volume with the same button. Sometimes I'm in bed laying on my side and the screen rotates when i don't want it to.

George, it's just in a different place now. If you double-click the home button and the slide the screen to the right, you'll find the 'lock' control, along with brightness control, and a couple other things :)

Darian

Decided to answer this, since from reading other threads, I know most of you are sick of answering this question ;)

Last edited:

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good decision by Apple

I hope they keep it this way and that it's not just a test like the gesture thing to close apps and such. Or like the airprint thing which worked awesome first in the betas and then was restricted to a couple hp printers only.
If they don't keep it, there's at least still jailbreaking...

Scanups

iPF Noob
Reaction score

George, it's just in a different place now. If you double-click the home button and the slide the screen to the right, you'll find the 'lock' control, along with brightness control, and a couple other things :)

Darian

Decided to answer this, since from reading other threads, I know most of you are sick of answering this question ;)

Darian - Thank you!!!!

Scanups

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Darian

No need to vote - Darian solved it. Thanks again Darian!!

Darian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks scanups. Our iPads are used for a training program ... It's amazing. We use the button fairly often.

I'm pretty sure this explanation has been on this site a number of times though, so I can't take credit for explaining anything new.

Darian

Phillippo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My screen rotation doesn't work!

The mute button does not unlock screen rotation. It seems to be permenantly locked since the download of apple upgrade. Help!!!!! I am permanently locked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts