What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who wants their screen rotation button back?

Do you want the Screen Orientation button back?

• Yes, bring it back!

Votes: 224 74.9%
  • No, I like the mute button.

Votes: 64 21.4%
  • I don't care either way

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • There was an orientation button??

Votes: 4 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Single most stupid thing of IOS 4.2

I want my screen rotation lock button back!

Who's with me?

Last edited:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought the screen rotation button was about the single most useless thing on the device...kinda forgot about it until everyone started complaining.

OP
N

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find the automatic screen rotation thing only confuses new users. Being able to lock it quickly helps them adjust. And there are times when I'm using the iPad lying down where the iPad is kinda flat kinda not and it start flipping itself around in the wrong way over and over. So the hard button on the side is instant access regardless of what I am using, reading, watching etc.

Dumb move Apple

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I used it once and felt like it was unnecessary since the idea of the device is the flexibility to use it anyway you like.

Its still there, its just not a hard switch anymore. Which I think is more appropriate anyway.

kvizzel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree.

The mute doesn't even fully work right.

DAMN APPLE!

OP
N

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think at the end of the day, it should have been OUR choice, a setting where we can choose either.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Give a few days.... It's really not that bad. I thought I would hate but now prefer not having to hunt for that switch--which became hard with a case on. I do like the volume mute because of notifications. Sometimes I just want the thing to shut up.

I also like having the brightness and volume in the app switcher list too.

Michael

Yakuzagang5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IMO, there is no need for a mute switch, it takes ~1 sec holding the volume down to mute the iPad already, no point in a mute switch... So there are basically two mute buttons next to each other. I say keep mute switch, but make it so it doesn't turn the volume to 0 after a second, let it slowly go down, like on the iPod touch.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to have the rotation lock switch back as well, but I don't see it happening. The function of the switch instantly went from something I used every day to something I will most likely never use. I can't fathom why anyone needs a mute switch on an Ipad, but then again there are those that can't understand the use of a rotation switch. The easy solution? Allow users to choose how they wish to use it. Of course, the Apple solution is the only one that really matters to Apple. Maybe the jailbreak community will find a way to remap the switch. Then Apple can give users the choice in iOS5 and look groundbreaking.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I locked the device in landscape and rarely used the switch. Now I have the device locked in landscape and will never use the switch. (shrug)

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the new rotation lock but seems pointless to have the hold to mute feature and the switch to mute....... Maybe it should be repurposed as an screen cleaner switch...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts