What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Thinks It's Worth Going From iPad 2 to iPad 3?

websquad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like my iPad 2 and see no compelling reason to go to the iPad 3. Mine works well, and my "old" netbook is gathering dust.

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't put my iPad 2 to its limit yet, so there's no reason for me to jump on 3. My sister stayed with iPad 1 and she's still happy with it. It's all up to you.

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Looks like what we're saying is that we have learned, or concluded, that the iPad is the class of the tablet market. And you can't go wrong with any of them. Nevertheless, it remains a matter of personal preference.

HORNBLOWER

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My sons both have iPad 2's and I have a 3.both of theirs charge in half the time it takes for mine! Has anybody else noticed this?

Spugnut

iPF Novice
Reaction score
At the monent the bennifit of upgrading from iPad2 to the New iPad does not justfy the price. For now the New iPad is a niceto have, but still desirable.

FlyingSoldier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
augy202 said:
What do you think? Is it worth the upgrade? Are you happy with your iPad 2 or are you itching to make the leap for a brand new iPad 3?

Personally, I don't think it is worth the upgrade. Just for slightly better graphic and better resolution? If apple came up with natural speaking speech engine, then it would be worth for me to upgrade as I read a lot of books. But for now, I am pretty happy with my white iPad 2

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I didn't think so. My second generation iPad is still da bomb. The retina display is nice and all and if you use 4G then you must go for the third generation iPad. However, short of that, the iPad 2 seems to be a great choice for the budget minded shopper or for those looking for an iPad for their kids.

ronwong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both the 2 and the 3. Once you are used to the new screen, looking back at the ipad2, the screen is absolute rubbish. but the software is not really there for everything to support the screen. The ipad3 is much slower, like when i flip pdf magazines, it takes some time fo images to sharpen. The battery is worst for heavy usage, and I can feel the weight difference significantly.

if you are happy at ipad2, dont go and look at the new one. If money is no problem, by all means, but I still feel the build quality has dropped from 2 to 3.

bluewater8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kevin said: "I'm more than happy with my ipad2. Right now it's entertaining me with Tubular Bells, playing over my truck sound system."

What are Tubular Bells?

Most reactions