What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3! lol :P

Reaction score
hello everyone. I'm kind of torn whether to go ahead or not with the iPad 2. Right now I'm thinking of the 16GB for $499
I can't upgrade every year cuz I don't have the money to cover the losses that said; here's what I'm thinking of:

Important:
5) retina display/better resolution
7) better with iOS5 features
8) better ram
9) less bezel
10) local storage
11) 128GB of storage and 16 disappears and 32 becomes price of 16, $499
12) september release?
13) no home button hence bigger screen

Not important:
1) better camear (1080p)
2) LED flash
3) better processor
4) better graphics
6) better battery
14) microfiber

what do you think?

Nugga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello everyone. I'm kind of torn whether to go ahead or not with the iPad 2. Right now I'm thinking of the 16GB for $499
I can't upgrade every year cuz I don't have the money to cover the losses that said; here's what I'm thinking of:

Important:
8) better ram
9) less bezel
10) local storage
12) september release?

Not important:
1) better camear (1080p)
2) LED flash
3) better processor
4) better graphics
6) better battery
14) microfiber

what do you think?

For god sake forget about the ipad 3, i will eat my own hat if it is released in September or this fall.
Why should apple call 2011 the year of the ipad 2, and then release yet another ipad in 2011. That's not a very applish thing.

OP
A
Reaction score
true but
1) for me the local storage is a major thing. and since they're starting to have imovie, garageband, keynote and pages and other extensive files, i would suppose they would start a file system for at least those. i can't rely on the cloud such as dropbox; what if I'm not in a wifi zone? hence maybe the 32 replaces the 16
2) a bigger, button-less, better resolution screen would be amazing as well.

those are the main features holding me back from the ipad 2 really; all the rest isn't of huge importance to me

Mipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Important:
8) better ram
9) less bezel
10) local storage
12) september release?

Not important:
1) better camear (1080p)
2) LED flash
3) better processor
4) better graphics
6) better battery
14) microfiber

what do you think?

i don't think all the 'whishes' will be included in the Ipod3, it's highly possible that less than a 40-50% of the 'whishes' will be considered (and i mean a selection between important and not important)

all of that plus something extra may be there in an eventual Ipod 4/5 or 'newname' product

not sure about the price staying the same, possibly taking the place of Mac Air (position and price)

- about storage i think they will follow, slowly, the steps of Ipods, from few Gigs to some hundreds later, later on (not because it doesnt exists as tech right now, but because they have a market to milk)

another preview of mine, whithin 5-10 years 2 Ipads
1 at a current size (portable) or a mixture between iphone4 and ipad (size) 800$+
1 at a giant size for home, multi-everything that will pass 2000$+ like the Mac Pros

and imho with all those apps-and stuff currently in the iphone4 moving to an ipad, the mobile-telephone should get a decent resizement (smaller/handy) and loss of abilities

Smartphones should disappear and be replaced by above Ipads(and similar)

(1) Handy Phone (2) Tablets (3) Homelets (LOL)

- Handy Phones basic communication (for who doesnt have a bag to keep a Tablet, for kids, for the mass of people who needs simple communication, quick, easy, security use)

- Tablets: Every person personal Diary/Book/Library/Wallet/Internet/Apps/Games/Gps etc

- Homelets: Every house 'Everything-Media Center'

after all Jobs said it ' tablets are post-pc era '

(AirBook an attempt to flatten a small size PC, Tablets are the next logical brick(Keyboards removed, thickness reduced, quality improving, better Tablets for different needs are the future consequences, (1) Home (1.a) Work/Companies (2) Outdoor)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts