What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who paid for your ipad??

benkj14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im interested in finding out who paid for their ipads, did you save up your hard earned penny’s? Or was it on your birthday list, maybe its a company one?

I gave my gf very subtle hints that I expected a ipad and nothing less for my birthday, luckily she did.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to pay for my own...you clearly have a great girlfriend - treat her very very kindly, she's clearly a wonderful woman.

Tim

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The first one (16g WiFi) was given to me by the BF, then for a 40th anniversary with the company I work for - one of the gifts I could choose was an iPad (16g 3G WiFi) I traded it unopened at the Apple store for a 32g 3G WiFi + $100. So I guess you could say I have had 2 iPads given to me!! Boy, I must be special or something... hehehe!

Chiky

rai.rsantos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My parents visited me where I work now( they live in a different country). Birthday is within 2 months. Told them perfect time to buy me a gift since I usually only see them once a year. White 64gb wifi ipad2. I'm turning 30 and still getting awesome gifts from parents. :) I have no complaints in that regards. Haha

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
B

benkj14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I had to pay for my own...you clearly have a great girlfriend - treat her very very kindly, she's clearly a wonderful woman.

Tim

I have trained her well ;)

Just trying to convert her from the blackberry to an iPhone now.

MichaelR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my iPad2 from my company. They gave me my Android phone too (they offered me an iPhone 4, but I'm really more of an Android fan... don't kill me).

retexan599

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought mine for myself. Glad I did, having fun with it! 32GB, WiFi, 3G...my grandchildren think I am cool :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
32gb wifi,Mine came out of the housekeeping,I'm lucky,my husband doesn't mind what I spend,this is my second one,first one 16gb had to go back with a problem.

Last edited:

JAILBIRD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my iPad all on my own. I was originally going to buy 2 (one for my wife also) but she insisted she didn't want one. She wanted a basic e-reader instead. I was realy surprised at this because she's a bigger Apple fan than I am.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Wife & I are in our mid-60s - PC users for years (although our first computer was an Apple II+ in 1980, pre-IBM era by a year!).

Bought an iPad2 based on my son's recommendation (he is an IT person and works mainly around Dell PCs) - wife was not happy w/ the e-Reader options of the iPad, so I bought her a Nook Color which she enjoys - just fits her hands (and positions, like laying in bed) better.

Bottom line - we bought our own - :)

Nick Burns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I won an original iPad and my wife won an iPod in a contest at the beginning of the year. Knowing that the iPad 2 was due to be released soon, I returned them both to an Apple store for credit. The two items were enough to cover the full price of a 64GB 3G iPad 2.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thousands of people bought my iPad. Next, they will be paying for a new apartment.

Most reactions

Latest posts