What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is getting their 3 first?!

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my confirmation email today. Shipped FedEx and even have a tracking number! Scheduled for March 16th!

ooney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can they have a ship date when they are not shipping until March 16th? Mine says preparing for shipment

Sent from my iPad using iPF

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How can they have a ship date when they are not shipping until March 16th? Mine says preparing for shipment

Sent from my iPad using iPF

You are confusing "shipped" with "delivered.". They are being shipped to ensure delivery on 3/16.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Because they are shipping to the US first for engraving. Then they are being stock piled by the shipper into their perspective regions for next day delivery. IE Apple said "Ship however you want, but they better be at this location on the 16th".

ticka1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ordered my first Ipad ever. I got my confirmation email that I purchased it this morning. What is the next step - will I get an email from Apple when it will be shipped and tracking information? Being this is the 1st time pre-ordering anything - any information would be appreciated.

sunking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can check the status of your order at the Apple store website using your order number. If you ordered today, the status is likely either "We've Received Your Order" or "Processing Items".

There are several stages your iPad3 will go through before it gets to you. They include (straight from the Apple store order tracker):

• We’ve received your order: We’ve received your order and will begin processing it soon! You can modify your order details once the order enters the processing status.
  • Processing Items: We are processing your order now. You can modify your order details through online Order Status, or by contacting Apple Online Store Customer Service.
  • Preparing for Shipment: We are preparing your item(s) to ship. While your order is being prepared, we are unable to modify your order details. Once your item ships, we will email you a Shipment Notification with complete order details.
  • Shipped: Your order has shipped! Your carrier tracking number will be updated in online Order Status and the carrier’s website within 24 hours.
  • Complete We’ve billed you for Apple services only. You will not receive a physical item.
Good luck and have fun waiting for your new iPad3 to show up!

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ordered my first Ipad ever. I got my confirmation email that I purchased it this morning. What is the next step - will I get an email from Apple when it will be shipped and tracking information? Being this is the 1st time pre-ordering anything - any information would be appreciated.

Yeah you'll get another email saying it was shipped with the tracking number

bzbmum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered my first iPad ever (16gb wifi black) on March 7th around 5pm, it got processed March 8th and shipped out March 9th, it's estimated to arrive March 16th by the end of the day here in WA state :D I'm excited but I have a feeling my 2 yr old is going to claim it just like she claimed my phone :eek: lolz.

puglover333

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my tracking # this morning. The details came up this afternoon. It says it's been picked in Nashville with a delivery date of March 12 :confused:

ETA: I didn't see it at first, but at the bottom of the tracking page, it says "future delivery requested". So I guess they will hold it at the local FedEx office and deliver on Friday.

Last edited:

ticka1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the information! I'm like a little kid at Christmas time! I just have to have patience until it is here. Until then I will be shopping the Ipad Apps store for my wishlist.

bzbmum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that everyone who preordered by now will probably receive their's on March 16. It is too late now to preorder and receive it by the 16th. According to the Apple website, any preorders placed now will ship on the 19th. I read somewhere that Apple is pretty strict about anyone receiving it early and has shipping instructions to even hold the iPads back on shipping so that it is isn't delivered early but right on the launch date.

Most reactions

Latest posts