What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Here That Owns An iPad Will Buy The iPad Mini?

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My nexus 7 is too big for my purse. No way would my iPad3 fit in there.

The Mini is a tad bigger than the Nexus 7 so a Mini wouldn't fit either. I do agree that a thinner regular iPad would be nice.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course he did. He designed the ipad and you bought it. He "made" you want the ipad.

No, he helped create a product; I made the decision to buy it because it met my criteria. I'd wanted a tablet long before Apple introduced any iPad.

You're not in a position to tell me or anyone else why they bought anything. You're clearly not able to read minds, lol.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every buyer has criteria -- that's what determines any product's success or failure in the marketplace.

Steve Jobs was brilliant and arrogant, but even he didn't decide what people would buy. The best he could do -- and he did it better than most -- was make products that appeal to consumers' criteria. If he could make people buy products, he wouldn't let them buy Android devices, for instance, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I'm talking about is consumer choice -- we all exercise it. If Steve Jobs were alive, he'd continue to have successes and failures. And he'd continue to change his mind, as market conditions shifted. That's why he told his colleagues at Apple to make decisions as they judged best after he died -- he didn't want them to try to read his mind.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
U r more arrogant than him tho

Jpatienza--

Please do not "put" words in other people's thoughts. You do not know what our personal decisions are of what we choose and what we decide to buy. Apple does not "make" anyone buy their product. If they make a product that is appealing for the consumer, then the consumer can and will decide whether they buy it or not.

Again-we ask you to not force words into other people's post. It is uncalled for and is considered rude.

We appreciate your understanding.

Thank you,
Ski

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple does not "make" anyone buy their product.

Although it would lead to fun scenarios if Apple could make people buy stuff:

Scene of stockholders' meeting: "Don't worry about profits slackening, we'll make people buy more!"

At a local Apple store: Consumers' wallets magically open against their will.

At a local home: Man comes in loaded with bags of Apple stuff, tells horrified wife: "Apple made me buy all this!"

vadimkolchev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will never go for mini. Just got used to my ipad 4 and had nexus 7 previously. The screen really makes difference for me.

teralpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a dilemma of sorts in trying to decide which one to buy-- the iPad Mini or iPad 4. I just sold my iPad 2 a few weeks ago, thinking that I would purchase the Mini next month, because of the size (I sold my Nexus 7 as well). However, I was comparing the iPad Mini and the iPad 4 side-by-side at Best Buy yesterday, and I'm leaning toward buying the iPad 4. I would rather have a device that would be easier for me to carry around, which is one of the reasons why I got rid of the iPad 2, as I always left it at home, but when I compared the 4 and the Mini I could see that the 4 is much easier to read on, as I read a lot of ebooks. I'm loving the size of the Mini, but the retina screen on the 4 is quite nice, especially for reading. Decisions, decisions... :)

Magnetic1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd say the weight savings on the mini is a true blessing on the shoulders and arm pit. I just sweat there whenever I use the ipad 2. And since I got the mini, I've yet to sweat. Sorry, maybe too much information.

jpatienza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will sell my ipad for an ipad mini.

jpatienza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a dilemma of sorts in trying to decide which one to buy-- the iPad Mini or iPad 4. I just sold my iPad 2 a few weeks ago, thinking that I would purchase the Mini next month, because of the size (I sold my Nexus 7 as well). However, I was comparing the iPad Mini and the iPad 4 side-by-side at Best Buy yesterday, and I'm leaning toward buying the iPad 4. I would rather have a device that would be easier for me to carry around, which is one of the reasons why I got rid of the iPad 2, as I always left it at home, but when I compared the 4 and the Mini I could see that the 4 is much easier to read on, as I read a lot of ebooks. I'm loving the size of the Mini, but the retina screen on the 4 is quite nice, especially for reading. Decisions, decisions... :)

I think you should buy ipad mini because its much cheaper. Then if the ipad mini retina comes out you can sell the ipad mini and buy the ipad mini retina

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I will sell my ipad for an ipad mini.

please refer to the Philippines
Forum to communicate in Tagalog and not in our general forums. We ask our members to post in English outside our regional forums.

Thanks,
Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score

If you need something NOW, get the Mini. If you can wait, hold out and see if the Mini with retina is released this Spring.

Most reactions

Latest posts