What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Here That Owns An iPad Will Buy The iPad Mini?

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an Ipad 3 and just ordered a white 16GB WIFI Mini tonight. I played with it at Best Buy and really liked it. I think the screen looks better than I was expecting.

I played with one at an Apple store and although the screen is not as good as my iPad 3, I was pleased with it. Still will wait for the retina Mini though.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Squirrel71 said:
Thanks, a doctor I worked with a few years ago called me a squirrel when he was mad at me. I embraced the name,lol. He did apologize later and we laughed about it after that. Never did find out the reasoning behind it though.

skimonkey said:
Great story and glad that you both can laugh at it later! :)

By the way...some of us have a real fondness of squirrels, as seen in the "What I see in my Backyard thread!" :) ...we have the official Sci Squirrel Training School there! ;)

Here's one of my star pupils.

image-1575734376.jpg

Scifan57, chief instructor; Scifan Squirrel Training Academy.

Last edited:

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I decided to get the mini. I love the size and weight. I can stick it in my purse and it doesn't make my purse feel so heavy. The screen doesn't really bother me. I have the Ipad3 as well. I now leave it home more, and grab the mini. Both have the same apps pretty much, although I think I will read my magazines on my ipad3, instead of the mini. I have the kindle fire, and the 7 in galaxy tab. I am liking the mini the best out of my 3 smaller devices.

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I decided to get the mini. I love the size and weight. I can stick it in my purse and it doesn't make my purse feel so heavy. The screen doesn't really bother me. I have the Ipad3 as well. I now leave it home more, and grab the mini. Both have the same apps pretty much, although I think I will read my magazines on my ipad3, instead of the mini. I have the kindle fire, and the 7 in galaxy tab. I am liking the mini the best out of my 3 smaller devices.

Can't blame you.

My iPad 3 is too big to carry in my purse although I prefer using it for videos, typing things, and browsing the web on the sofa. It is essentially a laptop replacement. I have a Nexus 7 (small Android tablet like yours) that I carry in my purse. It is fun playing with and learning why people like Androids. It is much better for book reading than my iPhone. However, I do want the Mini once the Retina version is released.

Lowtech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 3 that I love, but the size and light weight of the Mini has seduced me. Mine should arrive next Tuesday... happy!

Last edited:

car3l0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad 2 owner,recently the mini caught my attention and now the proud owner of one, so far its a great device,more portable and convenient to carry around.

jpatienza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mini is to small. I love the original size of the ipad. If steve is still alive, he will not approve the release of the ipad mini. I think he will just release a thinner and lighter 9.7" ipad.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mini is to small. I love the original size of the ipad. If steve is still alive, he will not approve the release of the ipad mini. I think he will just release a thinner and lighter 9.7" ipad.

All respect due to Steve Jobs, but he didn't make buying decisions for me even when he was alive.

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldnt change my ipad 3 for a mini. The lack of retina display is very noticable and im sure the ipad mini 2 will have that as apple are money grabbers. I dont really take my ipad out, only on holiday and things like that. I use my note 2 as my phone and mini tablet everywhere else.

Most reactions