What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Here That Owns An iPad Will Buy The iPad Mini?

Martinbowden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought black 64gb just cos I need space for movies I also have ipad 3 but find mini nicer in the hand

bethd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
That's a serious upgrade, let us know how you get on with them (BTW, I really enjoy having Apple TV, especially for mirroring entertainment apps).

The Archangel

I had coupons from Viggle app to get $100 off (I saved them up to buy Apple TV). Now I can't find Viggle in App Store when looking for it to add to my mini. Weird.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
now that i have seen the ipad mini in the flesh, i am tempted to buy the 2nd or 3rd gen with the retina screen and sell my current maxi ipad 3 retina. i really like the portability of the mini ipad, and its so much better then the original ipad 1 which was a trail blazer for the tablet industry. how things change for the better in 2.5 years

Mscosmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bethd said:
I had coupons from Viggle app to get $100 off (I saved them up to buy Apple TV). Now I can't find Viggle in App Store when looking for it to add to my mini. Weird.

Viggle is in the App Store. I just download it.

Sent from my iP3/64gb Blk using iPF :)

Talk2USoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pre-ordered a cellular enabled mini on launch day. Trying to be patient! I'm hoping I can transfer my unlimited data plan over to it. I've been grandfathered in to the original $30 ATT plan since iPad1, and have easily updated each iPad... BUT would REALLY be thrilled to learn that ATT sanctioned going back and forth between say, a mini and the iPad3.

kochr123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am soon going to purchase an Apple Mini Ipad for my friend. Need suggestions from you people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pre-ordered a cellular enabled mini on launch day. Trying to be patient! I'm hoping I can transfer my unlimited data plan over to it. I've been grandfathered in to the original $30 ATT plan since iPad1, and have easily updated each iPad... BUT would REALLY be thrilled to learn that ATT sanctioned going back and forth between say, a mini and the iPad3.

AT&T hasn't put up any fuss about me using my SIM card between iPad 1 and 2. (I checked with them before I started, and had them add a note to my account to say that I'd checked, because I didn't want to risk losing my grandfathered unlimited data plan.)

I switch the SIM card between iPad 1 and 2 because one often has less charge than the other when I'm headed out the door. I did the same when I originally had two iPad 1s (gave one away before I upgraded to iPad 2).

But iPad 1 and 2 use the same type of SIM cards. iPad 3 and mini don't from what I understand, and I doubt AT&T will allow you to share one data plan like that unless you buy one of those new data sharing plans, which generally are more expensive or more limited in data than older plans.

But if you find that using a SIM card adapter works and AT&T doesn't fuss, please let us know here.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
AT&T hasn't put up any fuss about me using my SIM card between iPad 1 and 2. (I checked with them before I started, and had them add a note to my account to say that I'd checked, because I didn't want to risk losing my grandfathered unlimited data plan.)

I switch the SIM card between iPad 1 and 2 because one often has less charge than the other when I'm headed out the door. I did the same when I originally had two iPad 1s (gave one away before I upgraded to iPad 2).

But iPad 1 and 2 use the same type of SIM cards. iPad 3 and mini don't from what I understand, and I doubt AT&T will allow you to share one data plan like that unless you buy one of those new data sharing plans, which generally are more expensive or more limited in data than older plans.

But if you find that using a SIM card adapter works and AT&T doesn't fuss, please let us know here.

I believe iPads 1, 2, and 3 use a micro SIM card, while the iPad 4 and iPad Mini use a Nano SIM card.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe iPads 1, 2, and 3 use a micro SIM card, while the iPad 4 and iPad Mini use a Nano SIM card.

iPads 1 and 2 are 3G, and iPad 3 is 4G, so there's another complication with sharing SIMs among them.

Talk2USoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:

Thank you! I'm glad to know you've been able to do that. Will definitely report back.

Mscosmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
It's not in the Canadian App Store.

Try downloading from the app website. Although I found the app for my iPhone in the App Store, I was not able to do the same for my iPad. For my iPad, I downloaded from the app website. :)

Sent from my iP3/64gb Blk using iPF :)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
You think your eyesight is bad, I thought that I had been testing the new iPad Mini in an Apple Store but it turns out that i had spent half an hour in a wall tile store just prodding the kitchen tiles!

The Archangel

BA DUMP BUMP..... Lol

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC Using using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts