What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Here That Owns An iPad Will Buy The iPad Mini?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f4780y said:
I'm pretty sure I will. Gotta have 'em all! :D

I know what you mean. I have all three iPad versions and it just seems like I would be breaking up the family if I don't get one. But on the other hand, I really really really do not need another iPad when the first one is used everyday and the other two I switch off and on. AGGGGHHH!!!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I might get a mini iPad, depending on specs.

I have an iPad 1 and 2, a 5" Samsung Galaxy Note phablet, a Kindle fire original, an iPhone 4S and a touch 4. I've also ordered a 9" Kindle Fire HD with 64GB and LTE. So whatever else I get has to offer me additional flexibility or features that I value. I'm also considering a full-size Samsung tablet, but I'm going to wait for more solid news on what's coming out in the next few months.

I'm so glad you exist k3. I never feel guilty or excessive when you are around. Thank goodness !

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kay3, what do you DO with all those devices? Don't get me wrong; you should have whatever
you want, but I'm just trying to think if I had them, how I'd use them. As it is, my Fire sits mostly untouched while I play with my iPad3.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It it just me, or did anyone else forget about the iPad Mini after the new iPhones and iPods.

Sent from K48AP, the classic

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agree! After reading numerous accounts & blogs & reports about the conference today, I finally just assumed(correctly??) that there was zero info about an iPad mini release or even in development. Not that I wanted one, but I look to the latest devices to see what the next iPad or OS might have for features since they tend to build off each other.
No news=no mini.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nakedbabytoes said:
Agree! After reading numerous accounts & blogs & reports about the conference today, I finally just assumed(correctly??) that there was zero info about an iPad mini release or even in development. Not that I wanted one, but I look to the latest devices to see what the next iPad or OS might have for features since they tend to build off each other.
No news=no mini.

Rumor is that they will announce it in october.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kay3, what do you DO with all those devices? Don't get me wrong; you should have whatever
you want, but I'm just trying to think if I had them, how I'd use them. As it is, my Fire sits mostly untouched while I play with my iPad3.

I often use two devices at the same time. Like I'll watch a video on one and surf on another. Then my battery dies on one, so I hop on another. But yes, I don't need them all. I just enjoy them.

I use iPads for mostly email, docs, surfing, movies and apps. I use Kindle Fire mostly for books and music. I use touch 4 as a sort of safety device on the subway -- just books and music, without any private data or email, so if it got snatched, I wouldn't worry. I use Galaxy Note as my daily phone, which replaced my iPhone 4S, which I now use mainly overseas, because it's unlocked.

Plus, I like having lots of storage on various devices. I travel a good bit, and I cut the Internet at my second home, so I like to have content and 3G/LTE available on gadgets.

I stopped watching TV years ago, so I spend that time reading or surfing. If I consider all the money I've saved not subscribing to cable, I'd probably be ahead, and have devices and reading to show for it instead. But I'd buy them anyway, just because I <3 them, lol.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm so glad you exist k3. I never feel guilty or excessive when you are around. Thank goodness !

Happy to be of service.

I never feel guilty spending my own money. If I were spending someone else's money, that might be diff, lol.

OP
iJamesH

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Hey that's me now :D

And here I wanted the new Kindle Fire HD :p

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I often use two devices at the same time. Like I'll watch a video on one and surf on another. Then my battery dies on one, so I hop on another. But yes, I don't need them all. I just enjoy them.

I use iPads for mostly email, docs, surfing, movies and apps. I use Kindle Fire mostly for books and music. I use touch 4 as a sort of safety device on the subway -- just books and music, without any private data or email, so if it got

I so relate to the battery issue and using more than one device.

Nobody asked me but this is how I use my many gadgets:

iPad 3 (64 GB) - complete laptop replacement for surfing, email, other apps, docs, and videos. Its form enables me to take it more places than I would take laptop. I use it everyday almost all day.
iPod Touch (8 GB) - docked bedside for streaming radio and music with no private data. I use it every day in the AM and at night.
iPhone - (16 GB) - phone and critical apps and to AirPlay video while surfing on my iPad. It is too tiny for normal web surfing and the iPhone 5 won't be much better, IMO.
Regular ad-based Kindle - books but I rarely use it because I miss the color and touch screen. It will get donated or gifted.

Planning to get a Fire HD for web apps, books, music, games, and very little private data. It will fit in more purses than the iPad so I will take it with me a lot. I always multitask and sometimes I want to watch a video or stream from my Vulkano or Slingbox on the iPad screen while playing a game or surfing. A 7" tablet will be perfect.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Happy to be of service.

I never feel guilty spending my own money. If I were spending someone else's money, that might be diff, lol.

I tend to feel guilty when I think I'm excessive even though it's my money and I know I can get what I want.

Right now, I'm looking for a full sized Android tab. Thinking about the 8.9 HD Fire, because of the screen and the price, but not sure it makes sense because I can't see what it can do that the iPad cannot, and I am a prime member. What I really would like to see is an HD version of the Samsung 10.1 with the pen/digitizer or a Win8 tablet that does the same. I know Samsung makes one, but I don't want the first model. I'd like to see come competition to ensure I'm getting a mature product.

I tend to use my Nexus 7 as a reader. I prefer it to the Kindle, believe it or not.

I wish the Microsoft stuff would become clear. I hate when companies announce stuff way ahead of the product....all you get to do is wait and wait wondering if the product is going to be real.

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tend to feel guilty when I think I'm excessive even though it's my money and I know I can get what I want.

Right now, I'm looking for a full sized Android tab. Thinking about the 8.9 HD Fire, because of the screen and the price, but not sure it makes sense because I can't see what it can do that the iPad cannot, and I am a prime member. What I really would like to see is an HD version of the Samsung 10.1 with the pen/digitizer or a Win8 tablet that does the same. I know Samsung makes one, but I don't want the first model. I'd like to see come competition to ensure I'm getting a mature product.

I tend to use my Nexus 7 as a reader. I prefer it to the Kindle, believe it or not.

I wish the Microsoft stuff would become clear. I hate when companies announce stuff way around of product....all you get to do is wait and wait wondering if the product is going to be real.

I don't buy if I think it excessive. I justify myself into a purchase or I don't buy. I didn't buy an iPad 3 because I did think that excessive for my needs.

With a Fire HD, I want to see whether I might go iDevice-free longer term. I found the original Fire useful enough, but my exectations were low with no 3G/LTE and with limited storage. I think it more likely that I will end up having to go with a Samsung full-size tablet, but I'm holding out till things shake out more. Like you, I want to know if a Win tab might suit later.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Rumor is that they will announce it in october.

Amen to that, I hope this is also when the new iMac will be released, when that happens I will get the current iMac at a great discount. In yesterday's iPhone 5 keynote Eddie cue said that the new iTunes store will be available in late October, so expecting the new iMac, iPad mini, apple tv and the stand alone computer whose name I forgot, it's the one where the monitor have to be bought seperately

Most reactions