What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Had A Tablet Before, Or Thought Of Getting One.

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was gonna get a HP tablet/laptop in 2004, but got IBM laptop instead..

I was gonna pay 2500 dollars for the HP tablet.

Draper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had an LG Xnote C1 convertible tablet.

Loved it. The the discrete video card (which was soldered onto the mainboard) just went, recently, so I made the choice to get a new computer rather than pay the exorbitant price LG quoted me for the mainboard/video card combo.

Pingles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still own and use my Fujitsu Slate from several years back. The battery is dead so it needs to be plugged in to use but it's still a zippy little thing.

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had a small nokia n800. Still use it for the odd thing here and there. It had a open source concept that was great and wide open for development. Camera, 2 sd card slots, stereo speakers better then the ipads, but screen was too small for aging eyes.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have wanted something like the iPad for 5 or 6 years, but nothing was available. Either too expensive, or they took to long to boot. At first I thought the iPad was too expensive but the 3G deal pushed me over the edge.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had a Compaq TC1000. I loved it and was very sad when they abandoned the Slate form factor. The battery no longer holds a charge and the processor is too slow to play youtube videos or any other "rich" media.

Game_Writer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an hp 12-inch tablet/laptop that I've really liked. It's one of those where the screen twists around and swings over they keyboard. My complaints with it are that it's pretty heavy, gets very hot, and currently the hard drive is dying. But, honestly, I've really liked it. I don't use it much anymore, especially since I got the iPad and the hard drive is dying--and, to tell you the trust, something like the iPad is what I was really looking for, but it wasn't available.

I've also had numerous palm pilots in the past, but they are really outdated now.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had tablets and worked with tablets for the past 10 years. My team headed up a testing project for a major corporation in which we compared all of the major brands of tablets including use case scenarios, work process flow charting and bench testing. We eventually purchased and deployed close to 2000 tablets to our organization. I personally own several Motion tablets (LS1600, LS800) as well as an IBM X61 thinkpad tablet.

Why do you ask?

Dana.daen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had tablets and worked with tablets for the past 10 years. My team headed up a testing project for a major corporation in which we compared all of the major brands of tablets including use case scenarios, work process flow charting and bench testing. We eventually purchased and deployed close to 2000 tablets to our organization. I personally own several Motion tablets (LS1600, LS800) as well as an IBM X61 thinkpad tablet.

Why do you ask?

Probably to verify he (or she), made the right choice in going with the iPad instead of a tablet.

Most reactions

Latest posts