What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White or black?

White or black?

• Total voters

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Staying with black as photographs look better.
Thats why lightroom uses black and not white.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You know, I was thinking pretty seriously about getting a white one. But then...I realized that watching movies on a screen with a black bezel would probably be more comfortable than with the white, which is a good bet why the vast majority of TVs are also black. I think the white would be somewhat distracting from what you're trying to focus on in the screen. The black, in a way, almost makes it seem like you're peering through a dark opening rather than through the hole of a (rectangular) white life preserver ring. My point is, the image doesn't have to compete with the bright white bezel and thus it can stand out better.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hasty said:
Staying with black as photographs look better.
Thats why lightroom uses black and not white.

That, too.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well, i would like the black one but the white one is more intersting. but i worry about dirt showing up on the white one. so im not sure yet. although I will have the ipad in a cover most of the time. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm im still undecided.

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, there's pros and cons for both the black and white colors. I'm changing my mind every day. I guess I'll have to decide come this Friday though. LOL

Truck Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This being my 1st iPad, gotta be black.
White is just a little too flashy for me.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Yeah, there's pros and cons for both the black and white colors. I'm changing my mind every day. I guess I'll have to decide come this Friday though. LOL

yup, what to choose? what a life eh?

i originally wanted white, with a white case, but i then considered the safe bet of black and black to be better - looks more traditional and less 'retro' and probably is more forgiving to dirt and scratches than the white version.

living2345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The color is under the glass so it can't get dirty. I'm getting white.

Reaction score
living2345 said:
The color is under the glass so it can't get dirty. I'm getting white.

The glass is on top of the white, yes. However, I would assume that the reason for using a black, rather than a white device is not, that the white color itself gets dirty, but that a white background protrudes any dirt on the surface. And white does have this effect, regardless of whether there is a layer of glass in front of it, or not.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
The glass is on top the white, yes. However, the reason for using a black, rather than a white device is not, that the white color itself gets dirty, but that a white background protrudes any dirt on the surface. And white does have this effect, regardless of whether there is a layer of glass in front of it, or not.

Dirt doesn't stick to glass very well......

Most reactions