What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White House Staffers Love the iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Despite the fact that President Obama had a bit of an unexpected moan about “iPods and iPads and Xboxes and PlayStations†the other week in a speech at Hampton University, it would seem that the rest of the White House is much more enamoured of Apple’s latest object of desire, going by a story in The Washington Post.

According to the Post, many of the most important people in the White House these days have an iPad, including White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, senior adviser David Axelrod and deputy press secretary Bill Burton. Economic adviser Larry Summers even takes his to staff meetings, and, not to be left out, communications director Dan Pfeiffer and press man Ben Finkenbinder both have iPads on order.

The Post asked various White House movers and shakers what apps they had on their iPads, and answers included the Bloomberg app and Scrabble (Summers), the Vanity Fair magazine app, Scrabble, a news app and the complete last season of Lost (Burton), all the newspaper apps and iBooks (Emanuel), and the MLB and NPR apps (Axelrod).

Source: The Washington Post

Last edited:

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Idiots. How about quit wasting our tax dollars buying iPads.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought the last time they posted a similar article, it stated that the government purchased them.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Either way, I'm not exactly hiding my disdain for this inept administration.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no problems with the government buying iPads if they are used to make things more efficient. My problem is that when two politicians meet, they decide to form a committee and hire twenty people to do the research.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My problem is that when two politicians meet, they decide to form a committee and hire twenty people to do the research.

Amen. Things always work out so much better when you don't study a situation before you commit to a course of action.

Why don't politicians realize that all problems are simple ones?

Most reactions

Latest posts