What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which is he best for productivity apps?

anggasaleh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys really need your opinion fo the best appfor working. Sould i go with apple iWork, quick office or documents to go? Wick one should i buy

Hello,
I first bought Quickoffice! I liked it because it is cheap and quite handy, contains closes resemblance to MS Office suite and works nicely together with Dropbox!!!
Downside was the limited functionality!

Therefore I got Pages, Keynotes and Numbers! Visually very nice!!! Works well with MS Office files! But .... terrible interface!!! No real match for a laptop based MS Office application!!! .... and believe me - I know what I say. I bought Logitechs keyboard ZAGG and the new stand with speakers also from Logitech. But even with another 200 Dollars worth of additional equipment the iPad is still only a nice alas good looking toy! Of course I do not want to give my iPad away because it is hip and stylish and all but I will always need my laptop!

Having said that - I think currently the best thing you can do is go straight for iWorks (even though there is no Dropbox support and you will have to look for a workaround!!!)

If you don't need to emulate Microsoft Office applications and want to work exclusively with Apple apps, Numbers, Pages, and Keynote are probably your best bet. They have limited functionality compared to the same apps in the MacOS environment, but the interface is at least similar. And up to a point, you can read, edit, and create MS Office documents without too much of a problem. More importantly, Apple stands behind these products and can be expected to focus on the functionality they provide on the iPad.

On the other hand, if you must work with MS Office documents primarily, you're probably better off with Documents To Go or another of the MS Office emulation products, e.g. Quick Office, Office HD. These products are not perfect emulations for MS Office functionality, either, but they're at least designed with that compatibility as a primary priority.

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back